Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

Calling for submissions - MX18 wallpapers

Any MX member can start threads and post in this section. Feel free to express your views, make requests, offer support, give ideas - basically anything to do with MX art. Art usually is an "in the eye of the beholder" thing - so please respect everyone's right to their own personal taste!
ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

Re: Calling for submissions - MX18 wallpapers

#61 Post by ChrisUK »

asqwerth wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:10 am
I actually like that seashell one!
OK then, I've uploaded a 1920*1200 res one to the MX18 page.
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#62 Post by ChrisUK »

I don't often do landscapes, as I'm more interested in what's living in the trees rather than the trees themselves ;) But here's a pic of one of the lakes at my local reservoirs:

I've added the larger res image to the MX18 wallpaper page.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

asqwerth
Developer

#63 Post by asqwerth »

Thank you everyone, for all the cracking (ie, wonderful) submissions so far.

Mauser, Clicktician, Manzana, Dreamer - will you be posting your pics/suggestions - currently in this thread - in the Community page as well?

Reminder: Deadline is end of Monday, 26 November 2018. Since we have members from different time zones, let's fix this at 11.30pm, Monday, California time. That's about 24 hours from now.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

clicktician

#64 Post by clicktician »

asqwerth wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:22 am Mauser, Clicktician, Manzana, Dreamer - will you be posting your pics/suggestions - currently in this thread - in the Community page as well?
Sorry, I forgot.
jungle_red_lowres.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Son, someday all this will belong to your ex wife.

asqwerth
Developer

#65 Post by asqwerth »

Clicktician, I was referring to your pinocchio statue and cityscape pics in this thread.
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)

Mauser

#66 Post by Mauser »

asqwerth wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:22 am Thank you everyone, for all the cracking (ie, wonderful) submissions so far.

Mauser, Clicktician, Manzana, Dreamer - will you be posting your pics/suggestions - currently in this thread - in the Community page as well?

Reminder: Deadline is end of Monday, 26 November 2018. Since we have members from different time zones, let's fix this at 11.30pm, Monday, California time. That's about 24 hours from now.
It won't let me post there because when I asked you said to "ask her" and I asked you "who is her to PM" you never replied with an answer. I would like to post it there but I keep getting the same message, "
Access denied
You are not authorized to access this page."
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

asqwerth
Developer

#67 Post by asqwerth »

I didn't reply because Jerry answered first:

viewtopic.php?p=467154#p467154

Person to PM is peregrine.

Mauser

#68 Post by Mauser »

asqwerth wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:13 pm I didn't reply because Jerry answered first:

viewtopic.php?p=467154#p467154

Person to PM is peregrine.
Jerry never answered me. Thank you for the name to PM.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

clicktician

#69 Post by clicktician »

asqwerth wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:27 pm Clicktician, I was referring to your pinocchio statue and cityscape pics in this thread.
Oh, oh. I misunderstood. :-)

I decided not to share those. They were just taken with my lores phone, and I don't think the location would be generic enough to be of broad interest.

But I did go through my MX wallpaper folder, and I found a couple of other photos I took that I'll submit instead, if that's ok. They're more like the other photo backgrounds.
misty_morning_lores.jpg
contrails_lores.jpg
Son, someday all this will belong to your ex wife.

asqwerth
Developer

#70 Post by asqwerth »

Very cool! Clever incorporation of the logo in the first pic.

Return to “Art Discussion”