Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

Liquorix: Lore of the Tux art

Any MX member can start threads and post in this section. Feel free to express your views, make requests, offer support, give ideas - basically anything to do with MX art. Art usually is an "in the eye of the beholder" thing - so please respect everyone's right to their own personal taste!
clicktician

Liquorix: Lore of the Tux art

#1 Post by clicktician »

happy_buddha_all_8.jpg
From the first moment I saw this row of Tuxs (Liquorix gives you one for each hyperthread in your CPU core), I recognized them as the Laughing Buddha.

In his left hand are his "pearls of wisdom" prayer beads, and his alms bowl with his orb of prosperity is in his right.
happy_buddha_tux.jpg
My friends say I'm imagining this resemblance, because tux is wearing a tuxedo shirt. Buddha would be wearing a robe that shows his protruding stomach, which is a critical part of every Laughing Buddha statue. You rub the statue's stomach for good fortune and abundance.

I can't find anything on Google about Laughing Buddha Tux or the Liquorix penguin. If it's not a Laughing Buddha then what the heck is it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Son, someday all this will belong to your ex wife.

richb
Administrator

Re: Liquorix: Lore of the Tux art

#2 Post by richb »

A cartoon duck
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

r3trospect

#3 Post by r3trospect »

The enlighten duck, don't know also but I find a resemblance in that.

Stevo
Developer

#4 Post by Stevo »

Liquorix is based on the Zen kernel patchset, so the resemblance is not a coincidence.

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#5 Post by JayM »

Semi off-topic, but I remember seeing the original post by the guy that came up with Tux in (I think) comp.os.linux in Usenet, back in the day. It was still early days in Linux but he loved the idea of a free Unix clone OS and wanted to contribute something to the project, but as he wasn't a coder all he had to offer was a logo or mascot that he made himself. The community quickly adopted it and called it Tux. IIRC he made it a penguin only because he happened to like penguins.
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

Gerson

#6 Post by Gerson »

When I started using "liquorix" in MX 17; in the boot I appeared these penguins before the Plymouth, today with MX 18 I do not see them, is it because I use one of the themes of MX?
No todos ignoramos las mismas cosas. :confused:

ne0h

#7 Post by ne0h »

how liquorix kernel work on MX21?
intel core i7-4790S-16giga RAM-Nvidia 1050ti- HDD 1T

AVLinux

#8 Post by AVLinux »

ne0h wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:54 pm how liquorix kernel work on MX21?
Works great for me!

Return to “Art Discussion”