-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

M12 ksplash mock-up

Any ML member can start threads and post in this section. Feel free to express your views, make requests, offer support, give ideas - basically anything to do with MEPIS art. Art usually is an "in the eye of the beholder" thing - so please respect everyone's right to their own personal taste!
fatjak
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: M12 ksplash mock-up

#11 Post by fatjak » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:43 pm

This is similar to what i was thinking but just the bold text you have without trim.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Utopia
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#12 Post by Utopia » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:42 am

I think it looks cleaner without "Starting Mepis". And I believe the message is wrong, Mepis has already started, it's kde that's loading when this screen is displayed.
Henry

richb
Administrator

#13 Post by richb » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:53 am

Utopia wrote:I think it looks cleaner without "Starting Mepis". And I believe the message is wrong, Mepis has already started, it's kde that's loading when this screen is displayed.
Henry
I was going to make that same suggestion of putting Starting Mepis under the icons when you first posted the sreenshot. Then I realized KDE was starting, Mepis was already started. So well stated.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

Rich
SSD Production: MX 17.1
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB, 350 GB HD

patzy
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#14 Post by patzy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:00 am

benny_fletch wrote:I don't think we need the "Starting Mepis" text since the icons appear as KDE is loading. I think that is enough to show the loading progress, just MHO though.
I agree. We only need reassurance that the computer is loading, and the icons appearing is, in my opinion, all that is necessary.

Utopia
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#15 Post by Utopia » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:34 am

I've done most of the work now, too late for more suggestions. Thanks for the feedback.
Henry

Utopia
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#16 Post by Utopia » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:50 am

The ksplash was sent to Warren a few minutes ago.
Henry

Return to “Art Discussion”