First Upgrade with zero problems

Here you can post about what you did to get MX to work right with your computer or if hardware worked right out of the box for you. This is for the computers and/or hardware that is normally hard to get working right in Linux or MX.
stevedude

First Upgrade with zero problems

#1 Post by stevedude »

Just wanted to give the MX Developers some love because this is the first upgrade I had on a Linux distribution that had zero problems. I started using Linux with Ubuntu because it seemed popular at the time and had good support, but no matter if it was their 6-month upgrade or an LTS upgrade, I always had some sort of issue. Nothing ever went smoothly. I tried Deepin (Debian base) then Deepin (Manajaro base) and had issues with those. My prior system was Manjaro Gnome and again issues would occur.

I started with MX Linux 17 and the upgrade to 18 (my first with this distribution) was flawless for me. Thanks for all the planning and testing to make the roll out smooth.
OS:MX-19.2_x64|Kernel:4.15.0-1-amd64 x86_64|Xfce 4.14.2|Mobo:TUF X470-PLUS|CPU AMD Ryzen 5, 2600 MHz
Graphics:GeForce GTX 1060,driver:nvidia v:390.77|Audio:NVIDIA snd_hda_intel
Netwrk:Realtek RTL8111|Seagate:ST2000DM006, 1.82 TB|Mem:15.6 GB

PondLife

Re: First Upgrade with zero problems

#2 Post by PondLife »

+1
Off topic – why does this post disappear when I open “Active Topics”?

richb
Administrator

#3 Post by richb »

PondLife wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:45 pm +1
Off topic – why does this post disappear when I open “Active Topics”?
There is a minimum number of posts in a topic before it is listed as active. I am searching to determine what that number is.

EDIT: Found the problem. Active topics were not enabled for that sub-forum. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

PondLife

#4 Post by PondLife »

There is a minimum number of posts in a topic before it is listed as active. I am searching to determine what that number is.

EDIT: Found the problem. Active topics were not enabled for that sub-forum. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
No problem, glad it was an easy fix.

Return to “Success Stories”