Pi-hole + Mysterium node

Adlermania

Pi-hole + Mysterium node

#1 Post by Adlermania »

Hey guys,

I plan the following project: I would like to install antix with suckless dwm on a Rapesberry Pi 4 to run pihole (with unbound and squid proxy server) and a mystery node.
The Mystery Network is a decentralized VPN.
My question is now, is this setup possible with AntiX dwm? I want to keep the whole thing as minimalist as possible.
Which antiX would be a good choice here and what is the difference between base and frugal? Is there base and frugal also available for 19.4?
And would I have to install antiX normally in this case, and afterwards dwm or is there also a direct image with dwm?
This would also be my first pure Window Manager distro.
Thank you for any help. :happy:

nXecure

Re: Pi-hole + Mysterium node

#2 Post by nXecure »

First obstacle: antiX is not available for arm64 architecture.

You are better off starting with a different distro, like Debian, that do have ISOs, packages and an installer ready for ARM. You can then install or compile the things you need on it.
antiX Live system enthusiast.
General Live Boot Parameters for antiX/MX.

Adlermania

#3 Post by Adlermania »

Oh I see =/. Another question, will pi hole work without systemd?

manyroads

#4 Post by manyroads »

"Rapesberry" ???? I assume that is humor.... As for dwm, I have had no problem setting up dwm on antiX or MX. There's a ton of tutorials on my site for you to steal from ;) .

https://eirenicon.org/?s=dwm
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

nXecure

#5 Post by nXecure »

Adlermania wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:44 am Another question, will pi hole work without systemd?
Yes. There doesn't seem to be any systemd hard dependency. I remember reading people using it on devuan+Rpi4, so I assume they didn't need to do much for pihole to work.
antiX Live system enthusiast.
General Live Boot Parameters for antiX/MX.

srq2625

#6 Post by srq2625 »

Just a quick question: Is there a reason that Raspbian (Raspberry Pi OS) won't meet your needs? There are three variants, two with desktops and one headless. The OS is a Debian derivative so might be a good place to start.
AsusTek PRIME B450-Plus
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8-Core, 16 threads)
Radeon HD 6570/7570/8550 / R5 230
Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 - driver: r8169
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB
DDR4 3200MHz CL16 2x8GB

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#7 Post by JayM »

Adlermania wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:44 am Oh I see =/. Another question, will pi hole work without systemd?
Google, Duckduckgo, Bing etc. are your friends.
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

Return to “antiX”