antiX-19-b1-full (64 and 32 bit) available

BitJam
Developer

Re: antiX-19-b1-full (64 and 32 bit) available

#11 Post by BitJam »

dolphin_oracle wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:27 pm2. the installer is offering the live USB as a target device. That should be filtered out (I know the guys have been playing around with the disk detection. this is the first I'm had a chance to try it).
I agree the default should be to not allow installs to the live-usb device but we *may* want to let people get around this limitation if they know what they are doing. One or two people have complained about this. I think they were running a frugal install or maybe booting for an iso file on their hard drive and wanted to install to another partition on their hard-drive. I gave them a small change to make in partition-info, which IIUC correctly, will no longer be an option. There were a number of other times when we gave people a fix for special circumstances that involved editing the partition-info script. Perhaps all of this could go into a config file now.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you are the easiest person to fool."

-- Richard Feynman

BitJam
Developer

#12 Post by BitJam »

On the live system, please test the new tsplash code.

Replace the boot parameter splash=v with splasht=f
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you are the easiest person to fool."

-- Richard Feynman

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#13 Post by dolphin_oracle »

BitJam wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:50 pm
dolphin_oracle wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:27 pm2. the installer is offering the live USB as a target device. That should be filtered out (I know the guys have been playing around with the disk detection. this is the first I'm had a chance to try it).
I agree the default should be to not allow installs to the live-usb device but we *may* want to let people get around this limitation if they know what they are doing. One or two people have complained about this. I think they were running a frugal install or maybe booting for an iso file on their hard drive and wanted to install to another partition on their hard-drive. I gave them a small change to make in partition-info, which IIUC correctly, will no longer be an option. There were a number of other times when we gave people a fix for special circumstances that involved editing the partition-info script. Perhaps all of this could go into a config file now.
I think there is an override variable in the installer.conf file, but they new way the installer is looking at partitions may not take that into account.

**edit**

yes, here's the variable.

Code: Select all

#allow installation on to a partition on the boot device
INSTALL_FROM_ROOT_DEVICE=false
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

chrispop99
Global Moderator

#14 Post by chrispop99 »

Adding Flash from the PI results in the web browser complaining the Flash version is outdated.

Chris
MX Facebook Group Administrator.
Home-built desktop - Core i5 9400, 970 EVO Plus, 8GB
DELL XPS 15
Lots of test machines

skidoo

#15 Post by skidoo »

BitJam wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:52 pm On the live system, please test the new tsplash code.

Replace the boot parameter splash=v with splasht=f
Yes, it works... and maybe I found an "Easter Egg"?
When I tested the following (checking whatif an unexpected value is specified)
the ". . . . ." remained displayed for a longer duration and
(additional, or passes too quickly to notice otherwise?) tips were displayed at bottom-left and bottom-right

BitJam
Developer

#16 Post by BitJam »

skidoo wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:10 pm Yes, it works... and maybe I found an "Easter Egg"?
The parameters for splasht where in the release announcements:
aA enable/disable everything
[sf] enable late fbcondecor
bB enable/disable border
vV enable/disable verbose progress
nN enable/disable nav instructions

For example “splasht=fa” would enable late fbcondecor and
would enable all the bells and whistles”.
Verbose progress is disabled for now. We have a fix in the pipeline.

-- Richard Feynman

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#17 Post by dolphin_oracle »

on the connectshares issue, try modifiying ~/.config/connectshares/launcher.conf and change the column width on the terminal options from 80 to 90 and see if that works better displaying the parts that weren't being displayed correctly.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

oops

#18 Post by oops »

JayM wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:36 am Cool! Now I can finally test it on my 32-bit netbook (currently running antiX 17.4.)...
+1, I will try too ... Does a way exist to upgrade from 17.4 to 19-b1 ?
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

anticapitalista
Developer

#19 Post by anticapitalista »

dolphin_oracle wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:42 pm on the connectshares issue, try modifiying ~/.config/connectshares/launcher.conf and change the column width on the terminal options from 80 to 90 and see if that works better displaying the parts that weren't being displayed correctly.
Thanks - works here.
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

anticapitalista
Developer

#20 Post by anticapitalista »

oops wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:21 am
JayM wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:36 am Cool! Now I can finally test it on my 32-bit netbook (currently running antiX 17.4.)...
+1, I will try too ... Does a way exist to upgrade from 17.4 to 19-b1 ?
Not yet, maybe after antiX-19 has been released.
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

Return to “antiX”