antiX-19-a2_x64.iso xdelta patch

anticapitalista
Developer

antiX-19-a2_x64.iso xdelta patch

#1 Post by anticapitalista »

I have uploaded an xdelta patch here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/antix- ... s/Testing/

To use this patch, you will need the antiX-19.a1_x64.iso and the patch in the same directory.

In a user terminal:

Code: Select all

xdelta3 -d -s antiX-19.a1_x64-full.iso antiX-19-a1_a2_x64.xdelta antiX-19.a2_x64-full.iso
md5sum for the patched iso should be:

md5sum antiX-19.a2_x64-full.iso
0c5b0755460875c4119b45901e1b8b5e  antiX-19.a2_x64-full.iso

Please test the following.

* fixed slim 'double' login bug
* UEFI boot
* connman wired and wireless. If you want to use ceni, you'll need to remove connman
* New icon theme available (Papirus) (not default) To make the changes -see below.

antiX-papirus theme:

This is particularly useful for fluxbox users, since the default theme looks awful.

In /home/demo/.fluxbox there should be menu-papirus file.
Rename (after saving the other) to menu.
Use lxappearence to set default icon to papirus-antix
Update Menu
Restart fluxbox

Note - the icon theme is not complete, but you should get some idea of how good/bad the icons look in fluxbox.

You can repeat the above steps for IceWM and JWM as well.

To change the control centre icon theme to match, edit (as root) antixcc.sh in /usr/local/bin
Simply #comment the antix-numix line and uncomment the antix-papirus one.

Do the same to the logout menu by editing /usr/local/lib/desktop-session/desktop-session-exit.py

Note that I realise the control centre icons are not all complete.

My opinion is to use the antix-papirus icon theme rather than the numix-bevel one,
which is one of the reasons for this patch. I will not upload the full a2 iso.

Note: This is still alpha quality, there are lots of bugs and not all the reported issues in the a1 feedback thread have been implemented.
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

manyroads

Re: antiX-19-a2_x64.iso xdelta patch

#2 Post by manyroads »

Built the patched alpha2 without difficulty.
On my initial pre-install load (live system) conky warning flashes
On Installed alpha2:
-- logs in on the first try
-- conky flashes in panel after log in

I'll post additional items as I uncover any.
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

male

#3 Post by male »

- the patch worked fine (both md5 were ok)

- i confirm the fix of Slim (double-login removed)
- UEFI is not available here
- connman works fine (cable); there is no need for ceni

- antiX-Theme only tested under fluxbox
The change works as described.
Personally, I don't like it. Whether numix or papirus, it just looks like xxxxxxx.
In contrast, faenza-mini is noble! Maybe you should have a look at papirus-grey. The
looks very good under plasma m.M..

I will not do an installation of this patched ISO, because already in this
Live version nothing else works.

Image Image

manyroads

#4 Post by manyroads »

An update...

I have spent numerous hours with the install tweaking tons of items... the alpha version seems very stable. I am running it in Virtualbox and mostly using iceWM-SpaceFM. The networking through VB is working well as are all VB link functions between my Guest & host.

I am having good success making the setup look like a traditional gtk2 Numix install (to my old eyes very nice). :needcoffee:
Pax vobiscum,
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

manyroads

#5 Post by manyroads »

Updates on my testing:

---Conky menubar flashing appears only on my iceWM desktop
---iceWM does not appear as an option on my jwm or flubox Desktops
---When I change desktop wallpaper, the tenerife wallpaper appears as ghost on the jwm desktop and in a compositor transparent background (in tint2) on the fluxbox desktop.

I am able to create the above errors 100% repeatably.

In another vein, I am trying to build a numix like theme for jwm, iceWM and fluxbox wms. (So all wms will have a cohesive appearance.) I'll share the results if I am able to succeed.
Pax vobiscum,

chrispop99
Global Moderator

#6 Post by chrispop99 »

Double login fault fixed.
UEFI boot works live and installed.
Connman works both wired and wirelessly.

As an aside, Connman appears to have some advantages over MXs Network Manager.

Chris
MX Facebook Group Administrator.
Home-built desktop - Core i5 9400, 970 EVO Plus, 8GB
DELL XPS 15
Lots of test machines

namida12

#7 Post by namida12 »

Running Live antiX-19-a2_x64.iso Loaded to Ram and I was able to remove live flash drive, but could not see or mount another flash drive, to test storing new files.

Not able to get sound working satisfactory, but think that is operator error after choosing sound card. Playing with mixer can get very low volume on sound test, but no volume Icon.
Do not have a SSD or M.2 to install, but will add M.2 and install when device arrives in the post.

Trying to set time to america, Los Angeles did not happen stayed on east coast time, 3 hours ahead...
Quite pleased with video clarity of this inexpensive second gen AMD processor/video unit.

demo@antix1:~
$ inxi -F
System:    Host: antix1 Kernel: 4.9.170-antix.1-amd64-smp x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: IceWM 1.4.3.0~pre-20181030 
           Distro: antiX-19.a2_x64-full Marielle Franco 6 May 2019 
Machine:   Type: Desktop Mobo: ASRock model: B450M Pro4 serial: <root required> UEFI [Legacy]: American Megatrends v: P1.10 
           date: 06/19/2018 
CPU:       Topology: Quad Core model: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics bits: 64 type: MCP L2 cache: 2048 KiB 
           Speed: 1600 MHz min/max: 1600/3500 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 1600 2: 1600 3: 1600 4: 1600 
Graphics:  Device-1: AMD Raven Ridge [Radeon Vega Series / Radeon Vega Mobile Series] driver: N/A 
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.3 driver: vesa resolution: 1920x1080~N/A 
           OpenGL: renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 7.0 128 bits) v: 3.3 Mesa 18.3.4 
Audio:     Device-1: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] driver: snd_hda_intel 
           Device-2: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] driver: snd_hda_intel 
           Sound Server: ALSA v: k4.9.170-antix.1-amd64-smp 
Network:   Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet driver: r8169 
           IF: eth0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: 70:85:c2:a3:6e:27 
Drives:    Local Storage: total: N/A used: 870.2 MiB 
Partition: ID-1: / size: 4.55 GiB used: 870.2 MiB (18.7%) fs: overlay source: ERR-102 
Sensors:   Message: No sensors data was found. Is sensors configured? 
Info:      Processes: 151 Uptime: 18m Memory: 6.81 GiB used: 587.8 MiB (8.4%) Shell: bash inxi: 3.0.33 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BitJam
Developer

#8 Post by BitJam »

namida12 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:40 am Running Live antiX-19-a2_x64.iso Loaded to Ram and I was able to remove live flash drive, but could not see or mount another flash drive, to test storing new files.
I could not replicate this problem. After using "toram" I used "dfh" to see what was mounted. I then used lsblk -f to see all the devices. The live usb showed up in lsblk but not dfh, as expected. I then removed it and plugged in another usb stick. The new usb stick showed up in "lsblk -f" and I was able to mount it manually. I hate/avoid auto-mounting like the plague. Perhaps you had a problem with auto-mounting.
Trying to set time to america, Los Angeles did not happen stayed on east coast time, 3 hours ahead...
How did you try to change the timezone? I used the F3 menu in the legacy bootloader and it worked fine.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you are the easiest person to fool."

-- Richard Feynman

namida12

#9 Post by namida12 »

BitJam,

Yes, it seems to be a problem with auto-mounting - Using YAD no drive shows up

$ lsblk -f
NAME   FSTYPE   LABEL       UUID                                 FSAVAIL FSUSE% MOUNTPOINT
loop0  squashfs                                                                 /live/linu
sda                                                                             
└─sda1 exfat    Samsung USB 64A5-F009      
BitJam, do not know how to mount using the found Samsung USB in the terminal

_ _ _
Question: How did you try to change the timezone? I used the F3 menu in the legacy bootloader and it worked fine.
I did not use legacy bootloader I used UEFI and did not set time that I remember. I tried to reset time via the Control Center System - "Set Date and Time" America> Los Angeles

_ _ _
How to force the sound Icon to show up in panel? so I can use JimC advice #13
Right Click on the speaker icon in the panel and select "Open Mixer". This brings up a mixer that is NOT the same as the one you get loading alsa-mixer.

viewtopic.php?f=107&t=45796&start=10
I want to try and provide better sound running Live from ram...

Look forward to your education, I am getting older and lots more - more forgetful...

Am seeding MX and Antix from qbittorrent, also editing images with GIMP is good in antiX-19-a2_x64.iso

JR

namida12

#10 Post by namida12 »

BitJam,

I tried the F3 Menu, managed to get time set correctly as Los Angles, but was getting notes on secure websites that my time was incorrect. I reinstalled live to ram again, and noticed in F4 before booting I was able set time as local, and yes, time was finally matched in both Conky and the panel if I left antix set as New York time I will get this figured out eventually as Los Angles time.
Still old and kinda learning, continuing to play with the weak sound using alsamixer, without a sound Icon in the panel.

Unfortunately my desired hard drive purchase (M.2 2280 480GB PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe) is still on back order.
Will wait until Monday before changing my on-line order if it does not ship, but have already watch prices escalate with the new consumer taxes (tariffs).

Loving the stable a2 Antix, this far, able to seed Antix, but not enough leftover ram to seed MX also without a insuring a crash, after saving a few files, and trying to install Windscribe
https://windscribe.com/guides/linux#how-to

Before I used Debian 9 windscribe, but now it does not install completely to test.

Very stable, and trouble free editing smaller graphics/photos with gimp, and seeding AntiX with qBittorrent 24/7. Have 8Gigs of ram, on this Ryzen 3 2200G system running a AsRock B450 pro4 that "works out of the box" as we used to proclaim.

$ inxi -F
System:    Host: antix1 Kernel: 4.9.170-antix.1-amd64-smp x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: IceWM 1.4.3.0~pre-20181030 
           Distro: antiX-19.a2_x64-full Marielle Franco 6 May 2019 
Machine:   Type: Desktop Mobo: ASRock model: B450M Pro4 serial: <root required> UEFI [Legacy]: American Megatrends v: P1.10 
           date: 06/19/2018 
CPU:       Topology: Quad Core model: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics bits: 64 type: MCP L2 cache: 2048 KiB 
           Speed: 1600 MHz min/max: 1600/3500 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 1600 2: 1600 3: 1600 4: 1600 
Graphics:  Device-1: AMD Raven Ridge [Radeon Vega Series / Radeon Vega Mobile Series] driver: N/A 
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.3 driver: vesa resolution: 1920x1080~N/A 
           OpenGL: renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 7.0 128 bits) v: 3.3 Mesa 18.3.4 
Audio:     Device-1: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] driver: snd_hda_intel 
           Device-2: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] driver: snd_hda_intel 
           Sound Server: ALSA v: k4.9.170-antix.1-amd64-smp 
Network:   Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet driver: r8169 
           IF: eth0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: 70:85:c2:a3:6e:27 
Drives:    Local Storage: total: 14.91 GiB used: 3.58 GiB (24.0%) 
           ID-1: /dev/sda type: USB vendor: SanDisk model: Cruzer U size: 14.91 GiB    <-- could not remove? Maybe can not use F4 more than once on live boot?
Partition: ID-1: / size: 5.41 GiB used: 2.48 GiB (45.9%) fs: overlay source: ERR-102  <-- error - Operator error using toram and local time from F4 before boot?  
Sensors:   Message: No sensors data was found. Is sensors configured? 
Info:      Processes: 166 Uptime: 2h 16m Memory: 6.81 GiB used: 1.48 GiB (21.8%) Shell: bash inxi: 3.0.33 

JR
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “antiX”