antiX-19-a2_x64.iso xdelta patch

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

Re: antiX-19-a2_x64.iso xdelta patch

#41 Post by JayM »

dolphin_oracle wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:28 am xauth?

and maybe check on policykit-1
For information I just verified that I can boot and run an antiX 17.4 full 64-bit live USB with persistence on this machine, just to make sure I wasn't seeing things when I said earlier that antiX 17 works. :smile:

Question: is antiX 17.4 also using slim to run the GUI or is it using something else?
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

skidoo

#42 Post by skidoo »

is antiX 17.4 also using slim...
you can discover the answer for yourself using the following command:

grep 'Default-Start' /etc/init.d/* | grep 'slim'

BitJam
Developer

#43 Post by BitJam »

JayM wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:19 amQuestion: is antiX 17.4 also using slim to run the GUI or is it using something else?
Yes, antiX-17.4 uses slim. We've been using slim for many years. [ninja'ed by skidoo]

Have you looked for clues in the dmesg output?
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you are the easiest person to fool."

-- Richard Feynman

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#44 Post by JayM »

dolphin_oracle wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:28 am xauth?

and maybe check on policykit-1
For my clarification, are these suggestions meant for anticapitalista, or something you're asking me to check? I assumed the former which is why I never replied, but it just occurred to me that y'all bight be waiting for me to do something and provide more feedback.
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

PPC

#45 Post by PPC »

Not sure if this is the right place to post about this but:
Regarding wi-fi connection problems with connman:
I've been using antiX19A2 via USB Live, but last week end did a frugal install with root and home persistence- every single time I turned my pc on, no wi-fi was detected. I realized that if I started ceni- and select the option to reconfigure my wi-fi card, and not do a single thing after it, connman then would pick up my wi-fi connection and connect to it in a matter of a few seconds seconds... I'm like John Snow, I know nothing about this, but, by is it possible that both ceni and connman are trying to manage the same wi-fi connection and "getting into each other's way"?

P.

Return to “antiX”