Welcome!

The kernel problem with recent updates has been solved. Find the solution here

Important information
-- Required MX 15/16 Repository Changes
-- Information on torrent hosting changes
-- Information on MX15/16 GPG Keys
-- Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities

News
-- Introducing our new Website
-- MX Linux on social media: here

Current releases
-- MX-18.3 Point Release release info here
-- Migration Information to MX-18 here
-- antiX-17.4.1 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

antiX-19-a1-full (64 bit) available

User avatar
dolphin_oracle
Developer
Posts: 12585
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:17 pm

Re: antiX-19-a1-full (64 bit) available

#21

Post by dolphin_oracle » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:48 pm

chrispop99 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:01 am
Attempting to add codecs from the Control Centre (running installed) results in this:


screenshot.jpg


Most of the wallpaper files are missing, but still appear in the wallpaper changer list.

Chris
we probably need to add an "apt-get update" to this. the texture packs potentially have depends that aren't being full-filled.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad T530 - MX-18.3
lenovo s21e - antiX-19 beta 2 (live-USB)
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

User avatar
mxer
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:09 am

Re: antiX-19-a1-full (64 bit) available

#22

Post by mxer » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:52 pm

First impression.

I don't like the icon set! :(

Tried to connect wifi, no luck there either. :(

(MSI Cubi-N trying it live.)

Will take another look when it gets to beta. :)
(FOSS, Linux, & BSD since 1999)

caprea
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:01 am

Re: antiX-19-a1-full (64 bit) available

#23

Post by caprea » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:05 pm

chrispop99 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:01 am
Attempting to add codecs from the Control Centre (running installed) results in this:


screenshot.jpg


Most of the wallpaper files are missing, but still appear in the wallpaper changer list.

Chris

Same error message here, nevertheless the codecs are installed.

User avatar
Jerry3904
Administrator
Posts: 25815
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:13 am

Re: antiX-19-a1-full (64 bit) available

#24

Post by Jerry3904 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:16 pm

In userspace Fluxbox on personal lap, little stuff:
--when I boot up, I need to log in twice: slim, login, slim. If I later log out, only once as normal.
--connman is not in the menu > Internet, also couldn't figure out how to run it in a terminal (tried both suppdo and su)
--bluetooth: has to be turned on in connman or on CLI, but no connection app or entry in menu so pairing etc obscure. Tried to install blueman but there is a dependency problem.
Production: 4.15.0-1-amd64, MX-17.1, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 8 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Testing: AAO 722: 4.15.0-1-386. MX-17.1, AMD C-60 APU, 4 GB
Personal: XPS 13, 4.18.0-19.3-liquorix, 4 GB

old_guy
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:30 pm

Re: antiX-19-a1-full (64 bit) available

#25

Post by old_guy » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:22 pm

On my old machine grub rescue did not find Win XP nor systems with grub legacy

Control Center > Network > ConnectShares Configuration:
1 Find shares - OK, but
2,3,4 just return to 1

Earl

User avatar
dolphin_oracle
Developer
Posts: 12585
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:17 pm

Re: antiX-19-a1-full (64 bit) available

#26

Post by dolphin_oracle » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:29 pm

Jerry3904 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:16 pm
In userspace Fluxbox on personal lap, little stuff:
--when I boot up, I need to log in twice: slim, login, slim. If I later log out, only once as normal.
--connman is not in the menu > Internet, also couldn't figure out how to run it in a terminal (tried both suppdo and su)
--bluetooth: has to be turned on in connman or on CLI, but no connection app or entry in menu so pairing etc obscure. Tried to install blueman but there is a dependency problem.
connman is in settings (or system, I forget which) but its not in internet with the other stuff. the gui app is connman-gtk if you run from the terminal.

I have the same login problem on installed systems in virtualbox. I'm not seeing the issue on live.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad T530 - MX-18.3
lenovo s21e - antiX-19 beta 2 (live-USB)
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

User avatar
chrispop99
Global Moderator
Posts: 3108
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: antiX-19-a1-full (64 bit) available

#27

Post by chrispop99 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:13 pm

Connman is in the Control Centre on the Network tab. (And works well here.)

Same issue installed needing to login twice.

Chris
Test machines:
32-bit non-PAE - Thinkpad T41, 1.6GHz Pentium M, 1GB RAM.
32-bit PAE - DELL Latitude D610, 1.73GHz Pentium M, 2GB RAM.
64-bit - Lenovo T61, 2GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
64-bit - Gigabyte Z77P-D3, Intel i3-3220, GeForce 8400 GS, 4GB PC3-12800.

User avatar
fehlix
Developer
Posts: 4940
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:09 pm

Re: antiX-19-a1-full (64 bit) available

#28

Post by fehlix » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:39 pm

old_guy wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:22 pm
On my old machine grub rescue did not find Win XP nor systems with grub legacy
Unfortunately BOOT Rescue Menu is not implemented in the way to find GRUB legacy nor WinXP.
Simple reason: I had no system with those legacy OS's, so I a didn't put it into the OS-scanner :lipsrsealed:
:puppy:
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

User avatar
Jerry3904
Administrator
Posts: 25815
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:13 am

Re: antiX-19-a1-full (64 bit) available

#29

Post by Jerry3904 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:45 pm

chrispop99 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:13 pm
Connman is in the Control Centre on the Network tab. (And works well here.)

Same issue installed needing to login twice.

Chris
Thanks, I knew it was there but it needs to be repeated in the menu like the other apps.
Production: 4.15.0-1-amd64, MX-17.1, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 8 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Testing: AAO 722: 4.15.0-1-386. MX-17.1, AMD C-60 APU, 4 GB
Personal: XPS 13, 4.18.0-19.3-liquorix, 4 GB

User avatar
anticapitalista
Developer
Posts: 6305
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:40 am

Re: antiX-19-a1-full (64 bit) available

#30

Post by anticapitalista » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:05 pm

Jerry3904 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:45 pm
chrispop99 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:13 pm
Connman is in the Control Centre on the Network tab. (And works well here.)

Same issue installed needing to login twice.

Chris
Thanks, I knew it was there but it needs to be repeated in the menu like the other apps.
It is in the menu. Debian packagers put in under .... Preferences
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX-17 "Heather Heyer" - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

Post Reply

Return to “antiX”