[SOLVED] Difference between antiX and MX

Jerry3904
Administrator

Re: Difference between antiX and MX

#21 Post by Jerry3904 »

Still get a message when antix starts telling me this is not one of their preferred Window Managers, even when I check the xfce box. Like to get rid of that somehow.
That belongs in the other thread...
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

manyroads

#22 Post by manyroads »

beardedragon wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:00 pm
beardedragon wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:54 pm Well, I managed to duo-boot AntiX-19 and MX-18.2, now all I have to do is learn how to use AntiX. LOL
Any good suggestions?
I should have posted this here instead of [antiX-19-a1-full (64 bit) available]. Anyway I am using antix now with xfce desktop running, (My preference) and it took some changes but managed to get it up and running. The best of both worlds? Let me tell you, it is challenging and I am up for it. I use both the GUI and the terminal often enough to get around things. The fact that this option is available if you search for it is awesome. Still get a message when antix starts telling me this is not one of their preferred Window Managers, even when I check the xfce box. Like to get rid of that somehow.
If you are open to a suggestion... I find jwm-space with tint2 and compton to work well. It's not to hard to learn; and, the jwm code seems to be quite nice and clean.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

beardedragon

#23 Post by beardedragon »

Jerry3904 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:14 pm
Still get a message when antix starts telling me this is not one of their preferred Window Managers, even when I check the xfce box. Like to get rid of that somehow.
That belongs in the other thread...
Fixed it, hit "Disable Window."
Rule #1 Backup Everything
Rule #2 Read Rule #1

skidoo

#24 Post by skidoo »

message when antix starts telling me this is not one of their preferred Window Managers, even when I check the xfce box. Like to get rid of that somehow.
/etc/skel/.desktop-session/desktop-session.conf
and/or
~/.desktop-session/desktop-session.conf

find in file
OTHER_DESKTOPS_WINDOW="true"
and change to false

beardedragon

#25 Post by beardedragon »

skidoo wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:57 pm
message when antix starts telling me this is not one of their preferred Window Managers, even when I check the xfce box. Like to get rid of that somehow.
/etc/skel/.desktop-session/desktop-session.conf
and/or
~/.desktop-session/desktop-session.conf

find in file
OTHER_DESKTOPS_WINDOW="true"
and change to false
Thanks.
Rule #1 Backup Everything
Rule #2 Read Rule #1

Return to “antiX”