is it possible to somehow output the sound on the connected hdmi tv in antix?

overlock

is it possible to somehow output the sound on the connected hdmi tv in antix?

#1 Post by overlock »

Hello, I just need this for my antix to be perfect, I need to make the sim out on the tv connected in hdmi, I only know the mode with the pulseaudio but can not install on antix, is there any other way?

BitJam
Developer

Re: is it possible to somehow output the sound on the connected hdmi tv in antix?

#2 Post by BitJam »

In the control centre (in the Hardware tab, I believe) and in the applications menu there should be something called alsa-set-default-card for choosing what hardware device the sound goes to when you are using alsa.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you are the easiest person to fool."

-- Richard Feynman

antiX-Dave
Developer

Re: is it possible to somehow output the sound on the connected hdmi tv in antix?

#3 Post by antiX-Dave »

If that does not work as there may be multiple "devices" along with the hdmi card. A more manual way can be found here in the arch wiki.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ad ... oting#HDMI

overlock

#4 Post by overlock »

1 hint did not work, 2 tips I followed almost everything in the arch wiki and still did not work, because my carda has to be, now reading calmly I saw that card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH] with device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1] but you can not see;

Code: Select all

$ aplay  -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: ALC662 rev1 Digital [ALC662 rev1 Digital]
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
Selecting the Nvidia card does not work, I tested it on the antix hardware test and it did not work, and reading in the arch wiki I have to install 2 patches to see if it works;

Code: Select all

PCM through HDMI does not work (Intel Gfx)

As of Linux 3.1 multi-channel PCM output through HDMI with a Intel card (Intel Eaglelake, IbexPeak/Ironlake,SandyBridge/CougarPoint and IvyBridge/PantherPoint) is not yet supported. Support for it has been recently added and expected to be available in Linux 3.2. To make it work in Linux 3.1 you need to apply the following patches:

drm: support routines for HDMI/DP ELD
    drm/i915: pass ELD to HDMI/DP audio driver
I did the tests in live mode that may not have worked for it?

namida12

#5 Post by namida12 »

I could not get the sound card change to work in live mode, mine defaults to HDMI. I need it to be the generic sound.

After install changing sounds cards works well in the control center> Hardware> Sound Card Chooser

JR

Return to “antiX”