[abandoned] antiX 17.3-64bit-full battery %

Klaas Vaak

[abandoned] antiX 17.3-64bit-full battery %

#1 Post by Klaas Vaak »

Is there a way to have the battery icon in the bottom right corner of the screen showing the % charge left? Right now I have to hover the cursor over the icon to see the %-age.
Last edited by Klaas Vaak on Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

anticapitalista
Developer

Re: antiX 17.3-64bit-full

#2 Post by anticapitalista »

Since you are using 17.3, please read this:

https://antixlinux.com/serious-bug-inst ... -versions/
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

caprea

Re: antiX 17.3-64bit-full

#3 Post by caprea »

Yes, Klaas Vaak, on one other thread you said you are using antiX17.2
If you downloaded the latest antiX17.3.1
you are not affected by the issue anticapitalista mentioned, so please post the correct version.

Klaas Vaak

Re: antiX 17.2-64bit-full battery %

#4 Post by Klaas Vaak »

caprea wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:37 am Yes, Klaas Vaak, on one other thread you said you are using antiX17.2
If you downloaded the latest antiX17.3.1
you are not affected by the issue anticapitalista mentioned, so please post the correct version.
I have installed 17.2. I sincerely apologise for the confusion an wasting your and others' time. It won't happen again.

caprea

Re: antiX 17.3-64bit-full battery %

#5 Post by caprea »

No apologies necessary at all. If it wasn't fun for me to post here I wouldn't do it,
btw, nice to hear from you again,you haven't been in the antiX-forum for a while now.

Klaas Vaak

#6 Post by Klaas Vaak »

caprea wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:25 pm No apologies necessary at all. If it wasn't fun for me to post here I wouldn't do it,
btw, nice to hear from you again,you haven't been in the antiX-forum for a while now.
Thanks for your kind words. A bit of background:
when I joined the forum I was evaluating various distros in Virtual Box on the Windows host. When I discovered antiX I was very impressed with its lightness and beginner-friendliness. I subsequently tried out MX, very impressive too. I used it for quite a few weeks, even getting ready to do a bare metal install, but 1 day when I fired it up, stil in VB, I got a black screen; no matter what I tried it would not give. So I moved on to Ubuntu

When I was confident enough to install a distro as a dual boot, I chose for Mint, the very 1st distro I had tried. I had heard stories about Wifi problems with various distros and that Mint was the easiest, so as someone with the newbie jitters, I installed Mint. Wifi was fairly easy.

Yesterday my wife's Windows 8.1 laptop was messed up: the cursor was frozen and the volume was stuck on zero. Research on internet yielded nothing. I did a Refresh 1st, then a Reset, both to no avail. Then I suddenly had a brain wave: why not install antiX. Her laptop has only 2 GB of RAM and a 32 GB hard disk. Since I am thoroughly sick & tired of Windows, I wiped it during the antiX install. What a relief, what a pleasure.

As for Wifi, that was even easier than Mint. Earlier today I opened a thread because I thought what I had done was no good, but the solution was to reboot.

I still have MX in the back of my head and will probably give it a whirl 1 day, though that black screen saga worries me a bit. I assume Wifi is as easy as with antiX.

Klaas Vaak

#7 Post by Klaas Vaak »

@caprea: an idea how I could the battery % to show? I am on version 17.2 full !! :happy:

caprea

#8 Post by caprea »

Sorry, no !

skidoo

#9 Post by skidoo »

edit: typofix

FYI, this topic has been thoroughly discusssed over at antixforum.com and, yes, several solutions for "show battery percent" exist. Not specifically right-hand corner, but you can set the info to display in conky (avoid the need to hover) or install "batti" tray utility, or...
Last edited by skidoo on Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rokytnji.1
Global Moderator

#10 Post by rokytnji.1 »

Return to “antiX”