MX-Antix Hybrid System

BitJam
Developer

Re: MX-Antix Hybrid System

#11 Post by BitJam »

KoO wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:36 pmSo where does the antiX bit come into the system.

Why is it called MX18X64 maybe antiX18MX64 or MX18-anitX64
I'm not sure if this helps answer your question but I recently posted an answer to the question: what is the base antiX origin for MX?.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you are the easiest person to fool."

-- Richard Feynman

eye_of_man

Re: MX-Antix Hybrid System

#12 Post by eye_of_man »

linuxsociety wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:13 pm I'd be better off to just upload a snapshot somewhere than to use a torrent since the whole reason I'm not jumping right into it right now is because it will take all night and part of the morning to just upload the snapshot. If I were to use a torrent I'd at a very minimum need to seed to 100% to at least one person and then they'd also need to do the same. I'll try to get all my ducks in a row and take the laptop somewhere I can at least get a few mbps upload and I'll share a live usb snapshot. I'm not sure when it will be, and I'm also working on a few cosmetic things like getting a nice splash image since it won't be using plymouth, and I've replaced lightdm with slim. So far little minor things like that are the only things that I've noticed that actually need improvement or just implemented.
I'd certainly be interested in using your MX-antiX hybrid. I've been wanting to do something similar to what you described in your initial post, but just haven't had the time.

Return to “antiX”