FluxBox in Antix 17.2

Buck Fankers

Re: FluxBox in Antix 17.2

#11 Post by Buck Fankers »

Chriske wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:51 am But I see you mentioned MX. Before I did install MX on this eeePC and I was advised to try Antix, so I'm a bit puzzled here... :confused:
It's simple. For really slow computer you need antiX. For eeePC I would go with antiX

If you have better computers and you have on all installed Mint, I suggest you replace one of the Mint with MX and see how it goes.
Mint is my first Linux love. I still like it. I probably always will. But there are no more Mint installs on my computers. Only antix/MX (on Debian side). Just sayin... ;-)

p.s.
Just got for 99$, (one of the slowest you can get) Chromebook for Black Friday. Perfect case for antiX. It would fly on it.
Fore some reason I can't get antiX on it. So I tried MX. Didn't expect much. Surprisingly, MX works quite well, I'm impressed.
If your other computers are fast enough for Mint, MX should fly on those.

Chriske

#12 Post by Chriske »

Hi guys,

Just installed Antix on a P4 - 2 Gb ram.
Also replaced HD with a SSD
Activated Fluxbox
I'm a bit disapointed about it's speed on internet, I'd expected more speed with this combination :frown:
accessing sites with a minimum of photos or movies it rather fast, but otherwise it is slow, CPU is rocketing to its max.

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#13 Post by dolphin_oracle »

Chriske wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:00 pm Hi guys,

Just installed Antix on a P4 - 2 Gb ram.
Also replaced HD with a SSD
Activated Fluxbox
I'm a bit disapointed about it's speed on internet, I'd expected more speed with this combination :frown:
accessing sites with a minimum of photos or movies it rather fast, but otherwise it is slow, CPU is rocketing to its max.
unfortunately there isn't much you can do about the modern day web browser. they are all heavier than the linux desktop in general, and the antiX desktops in particular.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

Return to “antiX”