Installation problem: Corbeille-en-source.spacefm-plugin

anilkagi

Installation problem: Corbeille-en-source.spacefm-plugin

#1 Post by anilkagi »

Hello everybody,

I am new to antix and new to linux. Though I have been using them for some time, and trying to do things on my own a lot, to learn, I haven't yet earned the capability to do things on my own. Sorry for that. Forgive my ignorance.

The most difficult thing that I find in Linux is "Installing software through tar.gz files". I really shudder. Since my using Linux, for about 3-4 years now may be, I have failed to install tar.gz files most of the times. Of the hundreds of software that I have installed through, Synaptic, Terminal, .deb, Pamac etc, I must have successfully installed tar.gz files just 1 or 2 times.

I have been occasionally using my antix desktop. But that desktop is very important to me. I thank antix for saving my desktop PC. You antix guys out there are doing a great service. I thank you all.

Having said that, I was using, IceWM, Rox-IceWM DTEs. It so happened that I accidentally deleted a file, and Lo & behold!, there was no way to retrieve it. Then I found that the DTEs I was using did not have trash. So searched the web and found that if I switch to SpaceFM DTE, I could install one. Then I downloaded the 'Corbeille-en-source.spacefm-plugin' and extracted it. The README file instructs that I run the below command, by opening a terminal in the extracted directory;

Code: Select all

/script.sh archive $en.
I did so, but I got the error that says,
'bash: ./script.sh: No such file or directory'
Before this I tried;

./configure
make
sudo make install
Even this failed as I got the following errors;
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

and

make: *** No rule to make target 'install'. Stop.
Please help me install this SpaceFM plugin. A step by step guide would be greatly helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Anilkumar

oops

Re: Installation problem: Corbeille-en-source.spacefm-plugin

#2 Post by oops »

Hi, and welcome,
Can you put first the output of (for the main information):

inxi -Fxxxz
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

anilkagi

#3 Post by anilkagi »

oops wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:19 am Hi, and welcome,

inxi -Fxxxz
Thanks a lot oops, for coming.

Here below is the image of the output of the suggested command. Please forgive the image quality. There is no internet connection to the antix system. I had to take a camera shot of the screen.

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

oops

#4 Post by oops »

anilkagi wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:08 am
oops wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:19 am Hi, and welcome,

inxi -Fxxxz
Thanks a lot oops, for coming.

Here below is the image of the output of the suggested command. Please forgive the image quality. There is no internet connection to the antix system. I had to take a camera shot of the screen.

Regards
I guess you can speak in french (into the french forum, if you prefer)
... You can copy and paste the result of the command "inxi -Fxxxz" into the forum (without to take a photo, no need)
then select all the result and click to the icon "</>" to have:
\[code\] ... the result of the command ....\[/code\]
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

oops

#5 Post by oops »

... But right now, unfortunately, I have no idea for you issue, I hope someone else can Help you.

anilkagi

#6 Post by anilkagi »

oops wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:19 am I guess you can speak in french (into the french forum, if you prefer)
... You can copy and paste the result of the command "inxi -Fxxxz" into the forum (without to take a photo, no need)
then select all the result and click to the icon "</>" to have:
\[code\] ... the result of the command ....\[/code\]
Sorry oops, I don't know French; though I have watched some French movies with english subtitles :smile: . I do like French and would like to learn it but, god knows if at all I will ....

Thanks

oops

#7 Post by oops »

anilkagi wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:57 am ...
Sorry oops, I don't know French; though I have watched some French movies with english subtitles :smile: . I do like French and would like to learn it but, god knows if at all I will ....
Thanks
Oops then. For me it's the opposite way, I have to learn English to have a better skilling. :happy:
Thanks too.

caprea

#8 Post by caprea »

Hi anilkagi,
AFAIK it's pretty easy to install a plugin in spacefm. Just download the Corbeille-en-source.spacefm-plugin.tar.gz,
then open spacefm,there click on plugins -- +Install -- File and go to the directory of the tar.gz ,then OK., that's it.
Maybe root-password is required.
You probably already know that there is also an antixforum?
https://www.antixforum.com/

anilkagi

#9 Post by anilkagi »

caprea wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:40 am Hi anilkagi,
AFAIK it's pretty easy to install a plugin in spacefm. Just download the Corbeille-en-source.spacefm-plugin.tar.gz,
then open spacefm,there click on plugins -- +Install -- File and go to the directory of the tar.gz ,then OK., that's it.
Maybe root-password is required.
You probably already know that there is also an antixforum?
https://www.antixforum.com/
Thanks Caprea, for coming.

I tried that with no success.

And that there is another forum exclusively dedicated to antix, is news to me. I didn't know that.

Thanks & Regards

caprea

#10 Post by caprea »

OK.,I just tried it on my antiX and it worked here.So what was the problem for you? Did it install and now there's no trash under plugins? Or did it even not install at all ?
Oh, I've just seen you are still on antiX15, so spacefm is older version,maybe that's what makes the difference.

Return to “antiX”