Installation problem: Corbeille-en-source.spacefm-plugin

anilkagi

Re: Installation problem: Corbeille-en-source.spacefm-plugin

#11 Post by anilkagi »

caprea wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:22 am OK.,I just tried it on my antiX and it worked here.So what was the problem for you? Did it install and now there's no trash under plugins? Or did it even not install at all ?
Oh, I've just seen you are still on antiX15, so spacefm is older version,maybe that's what makes the difference.
I got errors as I mentioned in the first post.

Could you please elaborate the steps you took to install? So that I could report back what I get by that.

Is this due to the older version?

caprea

#12 Post by caprea »

Maybe we are talking past each other.There is not much to elaborate. You don't need to script.sh , configure or something like that.You don't even need to unpack the tar.gz

Just download the Corbeille-en-source.spacefm-plugin.tar.gz
open spacefm
there click on plugins -- +Install -- File
go to the tar.gz
click OK

So when does a stumble come to you?

anilkagi

#13 Post by anilkagi »

caprea wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:25 am Maybe we are talking past each other.There is not much to elaborate. You don't need to script.sh , configure or something like that.You don't even need to unpack the tar.gz

Just download the Corbeille-en-source.spacefm-plugin.tar.gz
open spacefm
there click on plugins -- +Install -- File
go to the tar.gz
click OK

So when does a stumble come to you?
:embarrassed:

Ah! what a shame! I totally missed this. My bad.

Thanks a lot Caprea, for your patience.

But there is one other thing.

I got it installed. Now I have a working Trash bin. Further, I tried assigning shortcut keys. I could assign shortcut keys to both right click menu options,'Move to Trash' & 'Delete'.

But I have this problem. I have cultivated this nasty habit of deleting from the right click context menu 'Delete' option, from the old Windows days. Now if I do that the deleted file does not go to the Trash bin. It is permanently lost. That is how I lost a file in the morning. which I had painstakingly created after two late night hours of working.

Now can we do something by which, if I delete a file accidentally from the right context menu 'Delete' option, the file should go to the Trash bin, so that I can restore it back.

Thanks a lot Caprea, for staying with me. Love you.

Regards.

caprea

#14 Post by caprea »

Sorry, I'm afraid I can't help you much here.Never used a trashcan in antiX.I know there have been users installing it.
Hopefully someone will report in here.
But I found videos of dolphin oracle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLu6S7k7FSc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWebvzhFtjo
They are a little bit older, but maybe still usefull.

anilkagi

#15 Post by anilkagi »

caprea wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:45 pm Sorry, I'm afraid I can't help you much here.Never used a trashcan in antiX.I know there have been users installing it.
Hopefully someone will report in here.
But I found videos of dolphin oracle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLu6S7k7FSc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWebvzhFtjo
They are a little bit older, but maybe still usefull.
Thanks for the links, Caprea.

I went through the videos, which are useful even now and tried things out but they don't solve my issue. And further, I found that the Corbeille-en-source.spacefm-plugin is better and easy to setup.

For the time being, I found a round about solution. It is not a solution actually. It is just a surgery; an ignorant temporary remedy >_>. I went ahead and disabled the right click 'Delete' menu item in its properties. And the tragedy is, I don't know how to enable it back to normal. Please guide me in this new issue. And then I assigned the 'Delete' key to 'Move to Trash'. By this my habit of accidentally deleting files from the right click context menu won't do any damage.

Regards

fehlix
Developer

#16 Post by fehlix »

anilkagi wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:55 am .. Please guide me in this new issue...
As SpaceFm is my default secondary filemanager in any Linux or Desktop Environment
I'm scribbling down here something:

How to add "Move to Trash" in SpaceFM and re-assign Shortcut-Key to Delete

- Get Corbeille-SpaceFM trash plugin
visit SpaceFM Wiki:: https://github.com/IgnorantGuru/spacefm/wiki/plugins
Download e.g. English version from here
http://www.jpfleury.net/site/fichiers/c ... gin.tar.gz

- Open SpaceFM
Menu -> Plugins -> Import -> File
Select just downloaded plugin.tar.gz file.
The Plugin is now "imported" but not yet visible anywhere!

- Add menu entry "Trash" below standard "Right-Click Delete" entry:
Do this: Right click (one right click and release) on any file so that the standard "Right-Click Delete" is active.
Move cursor to "Delete". Now do short right-click again on "Delete" and select "Paste"
You have now a "Trash" submenu below the standard "Delete".

- Add another new menu entry "Move to Trash" below standard "Right-Click Delete" and above "Trash":
Do this: Right click (one right click and release) on any file so that the "Trash" is active.
Click an Trash-Submenu: Now do short right-click again on "Move to Trash" and select "Copy"
Now again as above:
Right click (one right click and release) on any file so that the standard "Right-Click Delete" is active.
Move cursor to "Delete". Now do short right-click again on "Delete" and select "Paste"
You have now a new "Move to Trash" entry below the standard "Delete" and above "Trash"

- Re-assign short-cut keys - My preferred shortcut keys are:
Standard "Delete" : Shift + Delete-key
"Move to Trash" : "Delete" - key

Do this:
Assign Standard "Delete" to => Shift + Delete-key :
Right click on any file so that the standard "Right-Click Delete" is active.
Now the trick again righ-click again on "Delete" and select "Key Shortcut"
To assign a new "Delete" Short-cut press and hold Shift and press Delete-key click Set.

Assign "Move to Trash" to => Delete-key
Right click on any file, Right-Click on "Move-to-Trash" and select "Key Shortcut"
To assign new Short-cut press Delete-key click Set.
:puppy:

EDIT: fixed some wordings
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

Return to “antiX”