Used AntiX snapshot installer for the first time

KoO

Used AntiX snapshot installer for the first time

#1 Post by KoO »

Ordered and install on dual boot win 8.1 Antxi 17.1 a new Samsung 860 Evo SSD 500gb

Partitioned the new drive in windows with 3 partitions ran Samsung Data Migration installed windows on the first partition.
Already had taken a snapshot of my Antxi 17.1 (4.18.7-antix.1-amd64-smp) iso 18gb then installed this to a usb drive with Rufus ran the installer and installed this to the second partition ran as if this was a normal install.
Rebooted grub opened booted to Antix 17.1 straight to the my i3 desktop everything was still their.

Added Samsung 860 Evo SSD 500g b to hddtemp.db so hddtemp would read the drive temp in conky.
sudo update-grub to add windows to the grub boot list.
Reinstall Nvidia Drivers with sgfxi this updated Nvidia driver.
Ran sensors-detect just to make sure all sensors were reading. Tip if you run " yes | sudo sensors-detect " this will answer yes to all prompts no need to keep typing yes or y.
Updated mpd from mx testing.

That it my system is now working as if it was always on this drive. With all my programs still their and Working

Would just Like to Thanks AntiX and MX teams. Brilliant Work Thanks So Much Again :number1:
Main : MX 19.1-AHS (i3) 5.4.13-1~mx19+1, Asus B450-i AMD 5 3600 , 32gb Hyper-X 3200 , GTX970 . :linuxlove:
Lenovo T430 : Debian10 antiX17 (i3) , 4.20.12 , i5 , 12gb .
Lenovo X220 : Test Machine (ATM)

fehlix
Developer

Re: Used AntiX snapshot installer for the first time

#2 Post by fehlix »

+1. Nice.
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

Buck Fankers

#3 Post by Buck Fankers »

I love the snapshoot!

asqwerth
Developer

#4 Post by asqwerth »

When I was interested in a particular laptop that I knew had a newer CPU and wireless hardware than would run on the then-default MX kernel, what I liked was being able to install the latest liquorix kernel at that time (which I knew should work on the new lappy) on my PC, and then snapshot it to make a live USB. With the shop's permission I then tested the live USB on the laptop at the shop to ensure everything worked on it. Which it did.

After I bought the lappy, I just installed that snapshot on it.

So useful.

I like and use other distros. But if their official iso releases aren't that frequently updated or currently come with a default kernel that is older than what's needed for newer hardware, you can't use their live media on said hardware, unless you really know what you're doing, I guess. (which I don't!)
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Return to “antiX”