<SOLVED> Logging into Antix forums

greywolf

Re: Logging into Antix forums

#11 Post by greywolf »

Much easier, thank you @anti.

However, I did not ask the original question with an aim to make your valuable time more harrowed. I have no problem with you setting spam traps in front of the page, I just thought there might be an alternative to the photos that I have a lot of difficulty with?

I will continue to totally support Antix & MX no matter what you decide (it's not a "deal breaker" for me) - just might not get on that forum much! ;)

cheers,
greywolf.
It is about the Dragons - it was always about the Dragons!

Gordon Cooper

#12 Post by Gordon Cooper »

Agreed again. I am not anti-spam protection systems, a large hobby group that I moderated for several years had to close because the owner would not install spam protection,
in this case it was my inability to cope with some very poor photos. A text based method or something similar that I can decipher would be welcomed here. I see several bots infesting the MX forum but they are only reading AFAICS.
Backup: Dell9010, MX-19_B2, Win7, 120 SSD, WD 232GIB HD, 4GB RAM
Primary :Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
MX-18.2 64bit. Also MX17, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.

richb
Administrator

#13 Post by richb »

Gordon Cooper wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:19 am Agreed again. I am not anti-spam protection systems, a large hobby group that I moderated for several years had to close because the owner would not install spam protection,
in this case it was my inability to cope with some very poor photos. A text based method or something similar that I can decipher would be welcomed here. I see several bots infesting the MX forum but they are only reading AFAICS.
For this Forum bots showing are search engine bots. They do not have access to the Forum except fo read. In essence they have the same permissions as guests.
Regarding captchas we use the image captcha only for registrations to the Forum. Prior to the image captcha we were using a series of questions. More registrants had difficulty with the questions than they do with the images. This proliferated when we had more non-English speaking guests trying to register. When I encounter the image captcha on other sites I use the zoom feature of my browser to clarify the image.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

jessexschilling

#14 Post by jessexschilling »

anticapitalista wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:38 am I will happily remove the captcha over at the antiX forum if I get some volunteers to help with removing spammers. With the captcha on, I have had only 1 spammer get through. With it off, I get over 50 a day.
I wouldnt mind volunteering to remove spammers. Tell me what to do and how to do it. It would be nice being able to contribute in some meaningful way to the community, as I am not an expert, or programmer, or a particularly good teacher.
Jesse R. Schilling | rainydayshirts

https://jesseschilling.weebly.com

KoO

Re: <SOLVED> Logging into Antix forums

#15 Post by KoO »

First of all Thanks so much for your consideration in this matter I have never seen a community like MX Antix that actually listen to the users and do something about it.Outstanding
I for one do not want to see the site spammed and would be quite happen with a texted based log in.
And the kernel base is just the latest their is available with something i have never seen before (stability) pat yourself on the back. Thank You
Main : MX 19.1-AHS (i3) 5.4.13-1~mx19+1, Asus B450-i AMD 5 3600 , 32gb Hyper-X 3200 , GTX970 . :linuxlove:
Lenovo T430 : Debian10 antiX17 (i3) , 4.20.12 , i5 , 12gb .
Lenovo X220 : Test Machine (ATM)

anticapitalista
Developer

#16 Post by anticapitalista »

I managed to set up the captcha for new registrations, but not show for participants and the spam is very low.
No need for spam hunters (at least for now).
Also, this post spurred me to look closer at the captcha plug-in options we use and set it up better.
Everyone's a winner!
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

greywolf

#17 Post by greywolf »

anticapitalista wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:13 am I managed to set up the captcha for new registrations, but not show for participants and the spam is very low.
No need for spam hunters (at least for now).
Also, this post spurred me to look closer at the captcha plug-in options we use and set it up better.
Everyone's a winner!
Everyone's a winner! -- That comes naturally from being a member of this Antix/MX community!! Thanks @anti, your attention to the needs of your users is a significant reason why the distros are so successful; not to mention your considerable talents.

cheers,
greywolf.
It is about the Dragons - it was always about the Dragons!

Return to “antiX”