Residual battery indicator does not work.

giorgio3364

Residual battery indicator does not work.

#1 Post by giorgio3364 »

Hi, the indicator of the remaining battery remains fixed at 100%. The indicator displays: "4200:00 (100%).

This is the system data:
OS: Antix 17.1 full 32 bit. PC: Asus EeePc 1001 64 bit. KERNEL 4.17.4 Antix.1-686-spm-pae Meltdown and Specter 32 bit. WM: Rox Icewm.

On KERNEL 4.9.87 Antix.1-486-smp 32 bit works correctly.

Any suggestions to fix? Thanks so much.

male

Re: Residual battery indicator does not work.

#2 Post by male »

What battery indicator are you talking about, in Conky or at the panel?
I do not work with Rox-Icewm.

giorgio3364

#3 Post by giorgio3364 »

male wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:07 am What battery indicator are you talking about, in Conky or at the panel?
I do not work with Rox-Icewm.
Both display incorrect value (100%).
Here the screenshot.
tks for answer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

male

#4 Post by male »

If you have not changed the configuration of the Conky, then check the battery with the command

Code: Select all

inxi -Bxxx
and compare with current image edition.
The Assus is unknown to me, this is the right kernel for it? This would have to be said by a user who is familiar with it.

giorgio3364

#5 Post by giorgio3364 »

male wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:35 am If you have not changed the configuration of the Conky, then check the battery with the command

Code: Select all

inxi -Bxxx
and compare with current image edition.
The Assus is unknown to me, this is the right kernel for it? This would have to be said by a user who is familiar with it.
This is the output of inixi -Bxxx.
It is incorrect, as both indicators (conky and panel). In any case, the charge at the time the command was launched was around 10%.
I have not changed the settings of Conky and, with regard to the new Kernel installed, I have not made any checks on its usability. I found it among the kernels available in the Control Center and installed it.

Tips ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

male

#6 Post by male »

giorgio3364 wrote:Tips ?
- use a different kernel (the one described above by you as working)

- you can also go to the antiX-Forum and search for a suitable kernel

- you can repeat the question there in the forum, because I know @rokytnji has dealt with the eee pc several times

giorgio3364

#7 Post by giorgio3364 »

male wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:24 pm
giorgio3364 wrote:Tips ?
- use a different kernel (the one described above by you as working)

- you can also go to the antiX-Forum and search for a suitable kernel

- you can repeat the question there in the forum, because I know @rokytnji has dealt with the eee pc several times
Tks so much, male.

I will follow your suggestion, reposting our conversation on the Antix forum. Actually I posted here because I had trouble registering in the Antix forum, so I thought that posting here was fine anyway. I'll try again.

Good night.

Return to “antiX”