Icon on Desktop

giorgio3364

Icon on Desktop

#1 Post by giorgio3364 »

Hi, I just installed Antix full (space-icevm) on an EeePc 1001, and everything works perfectly. But I have a problem: I can not figure out how to make the connection of an application to the desktop. It's just a trivial thing, but I just can not figure out how to do it. The right mouse button is sufficient in MX, but it does not work here. Can someone help me ? Thanks so much !

dolphin_oracle
Developer

Re: Icon on Desktop

#2 Post by dolphin_oracle »

should be able to use cntrl+shift+drag from spacefm to the desktop to get a link from spacefm.

you can also hover over any existing desktop item, right click->new -> link and complete the necessary information.

linking tot he desktop is much easier with rox desktop running the desktop icons. just drag and drop from any filemanager
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

anticapitalista
Developer

#3 Post by anticapitalista »

Navigate in the file manager to /usr/share/applications and drag the .desktop file of the app you want to the desktop.
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

giorgio3364

#4 Post by giorgio3364 »

anticapitalista wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:00 pm Navigate in the file manager to /usr/share/applications and drag the .desktop file of the app you want to the desktop.
OK, TKS! It's works. With Rox desktop I can drag the desktop file from usr/share/applications to the Desktop.

Thanks for the lightning response ...!

Return to “antiX”