Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

[SOLVED]AntiX two finger tap right-click

dolphin_oracle
Developer

Re: AntiX two finger tap right-click

#11 Post by dolphin_oracle »

you should be able to switch the finger-button emulation in by modifying /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/synaptic.conf, although the exact configuration escapes me at the moment.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

rokytnji.1
Global Moderator

#12 Post by rokytnji.1 »

I guess I'll mention. H2 and I learned ChromeBooks have their own quirks when it comes to his pinxi scripts. I had a running PM going with hydruga on Linux questions dealing with my Chromebook which he passed on to H2.

It had something to do pinxi -W in /home and user permissions. I had to chown their folder in /home to my user name to get things to process right.

KBD

#13 Post by KBD »

rokytnji.1 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:30 pm Oh. If you get pinxi installed. I am sure h2 would like to see your chromebook readouts as related to this thread also.
I am not on my chromebook presently or I would contribute mine.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=45221

I would not run that command willy nilly on my 16 gig ssd drive. I don't know how weak or cheapo or rugged that stock 16 gig ssd is when it comes to read and writes.
When I installed AntiX it warned me the ssd was more than likely to fail soon. They probably did not put the most durable parts in these Chromebooks.
Maybe you can help me with one other thing if you would, I can't seem to keep a volume control icon on the panel. It was there when I booted up, but then disappeared. I installed pulse audio, just in case that would help. Thankfully the audio works.

KBD

#14 Post by KBD »

dolphin_oracle wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:34 pm you should be able to switch the finger-button emulation in by modifying /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/synaptic.conf, although the exact configuration escapes me at the moment.
Yes, I'm looking right at it and have no idea what to put in
https://imgur.com/a/1jFfmKR

rokytnji.1
Global Moderator

#15 Post by rokytnji.1 »

Like I said. I am out in my motorcycle shop now on my wireless desktop computer. I am just working from memory. You will have to be patient till I get my work done outside. It will be awhile.

Make sure in AntiX Control Center . Global Desktop Session. Password. Then go to startup. That volumeicon & is present.
Then I would go into icewm startup and do the same. Maybe put a sleep 2 or 4 in there also.

example

sleep 4 && volumeicon &

This is not off my chrome book. But you are welcome to try it. Just backup your icewm startup 1st and make a new blank startup text file and insert

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
# run spacefm -d to automount plugin devices and popup spacefm filer.
# Do NOT enable if you use spacefm desktop.
spacefm -d &
#Volume icon and moonphase
#moonphase-qt &
sleep 5 && volumeicon &
# start the battery monitor
#batti &
#  start wicd
sleep 5 && wicd-client -t &
#Pulseaudio
sleep 5 && pulseaudio --start 

KBD

#16 Post by KBD »

Thanks Rok. It does have volume uncommented, so going to reboot and see if it sticks.

rokytnji.1
Global Moderator

#17 Post by rokytnji.1 »

KBD wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:49 pm
dolphin_oracle wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:34 pm you should be able to switch the finger-button emulation in by modifying /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/synaptic.conf, although the exact configuration escapes me at the moment.
Yes, I'm looking right at it and have no idea what to put in
https://imgur.com/a/1jFfmKR
If me. I'd backup the original 1st.

sudo cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/synaptic.conf,  /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/synaptic.conf, backup
Make sure my backup took before proceeding with the ls command

cd /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d
at the prompt

ls -a
Then switch the 3 and 2 around under Tap Button 2 and 3

Tap Button2  "3"
Tap Button 3 "2"
But I poke and hope alot but at least I back up before I experiment. At least you got a backup in case my advice screws something up.

rokytnji.1
Global Moderator

#18 Post by rokytnji.1 »

Not sure if a reboot or just a logout will suffice for my above advice to take hold.

KBD

#19 Post by KBD »

You are brilliant Rok! That did it. Just needed to switch those numbers 2&3 then reboot.
Will mark this Solved. And my volume icon seems to be sticking on the panel now.
Thanks Again!

KBD

#20 Post by KBD »

rokytnji.1 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:04 pm Try 3 fingers.
Now 3 fingers is left click, so it reversed them. Happy to have two-finger right-click working as I'm used to that function on the Chromebook.

Return to “antiX”