Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

[SOLVED]AntiX two finger tap right-click

dolphin_oracle
Developer

Re: [SOLVED]AntiX two finger tap right-click

#21 Post by dolphin_oracle »

:spinning:

yay!
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

KBD

#22 Post by KBD »

dolphin_oracle wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:01 pm :spinning:

yay!
Thanks for showing me where to look for that dolphin!
There are going to be a lot of these old Chromebooks floating around for years to come, and with fixed 2gb ram, AntiX is going to be perfect for them. MX will also run well on it, but AntiX is a bit lighter. So knowing the touchpad will work correctly is a good deal :)

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#23 Post by dolphin_oracle »

KBD wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:06 pm
dolphin_oracle wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:01 pm :spinning:

yay!
Thanks for showing me where to look for that dolphin!
There are going to be a lot of these old Chromebooks floating around for years to come, and with fixed 2gb ram, AntiX is going to be perfect for them. MX will also run well on it, but AntiX is a bit lighter. So knowing the touchpad will work correctly is a good deal :)

yeah, I prefer antiX on those low-spec machines as well.

I've got a C720 as well, but its been a while since I tried one of our linux's on it. I used to just run live from the USB with pretty good success since the C720 has a USB3 port.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

KBD

#24 Post by KBD »

dolphin_oracle wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:13 pm

yeah, I prefer antiX on those low-spec machines as well.

I've got a C720 as well, but its been a while since I tried one of our linux's on it. I used to just run live from the USB with pretty good success since the C720 has a USB3 port.
I've done full install on usb sticks and have run them on the C720. I did that with MX. I had Linux Mint Xfce 18 on it, full install after flashing the bios with the John Lewis script. It wasn't hard to flash it. Mint was using over 1gb ram with 1 tab open on Firefox. 360mb just sitting still with nothing but a terminal open on Mint. But with AntiX 600mb with 2 tabs open in Firefox and about 200mb with just a terminal open. Definitely runs light and fast on AntiX.
BTW that would be an awesome how-to video showing people how to flash the bios and run full install of AntiX on a C720 Chromebook ;)

rokytnji.1
Global Moderator

Re: AntiX two finger tap right-click

#25 Post by rokytnji.1 »

KBD wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:09 pm
rokytnji.1 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:04 pm Try 3 fingers.
Now 3 fingers is left click, so it reversed them. Happy to have two-finger right-click working as I'm used to that function on the Chromebook.
Try changing thde 3 to a 1 now. See what happens?

KBD

Re: AntiX two finger tap right-click

#26 Post by KBD »

rokytnji.1 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:22 pm
KBD wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:09 pm
rokytnji.1 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:04 pm Try 3 fingers.
Now 3 fingers is left click, so it reversed them. Happy to have two-finger right-click working as I'm used to that function on the Chromebook.
Try changing thde 3 to a 1 now. See what happens?
Changing 3 to 1 disabled three-finger tap altogether. I think I better quit playing with it before I forget what the settings are supposed to be and mess it up :)

rokytnji.1
Global Moderator

#27 Post by rokytnji.1 »

. I think I better quit playing with it before I forget what the settings are supposed to be and mess it up :)
Thats why dummies like me use that backup line more than once. I just add a number like 1,2,3 after each command and end up with my previous edits intact. It makes me look smart.

KBD

#28 Post by KBD »

rokytnji.1 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:32 pm
. I think I better quit playing with it before I forget what the settings are supposed to be and mess it up :)
Thats why dummies like me use that backup line more than once. I just add a number like 1,2,3 after each command and end up with my previous edits intact. It makes me look smart.
LOL! I didn't back it up because I thought I'd remember it. But if I change it too many times I know I'll forget it :)

Return to “antiX”