Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

Wifi Firmware?

KBD

Wifi Firmware?

#1 Post by KBD »

I recently booted up AntiX from a usb stick and had trouble getting it to connect with my wifi. Does AntiX include iwlwifi firmware?
Thanks.

Stevo
Developer

Re: Wifi Firmware?

#2 Post by Stevo »

Yes...what does inxi -N say about your hardware? Note that the latest Intel devices, like the 9560 that I'm using right now, require manual download of the firmware files and copying them into /lib/iwlwifi. Debian should update the firmware debs, IMO. Ubuntu already has done their versions.

KBD

Re: Wifi Firmware?

#3 Post by KBD »

Stevo wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:38 pm Yes...what does inxi -N say about your hardware? Note that the latest Intel devices, like the 9560 that I'm using right now, require manual download of the firmware files and copying them into /lib/iwlwifi. Debian should update the firmware debs, IMO. Ubuntu already has done their versions.
Thanks Stevo! I'm not sure why I had trouble with wifi during the live session. I went ahead and installed it and after boot up was able to connect wifi right away.
AntiX looks very nice for a light distro :)
Edit: here is my firmware:
Network: Card-1: Intel 82577LM Gigabit Network Connection driver: e1000e
IF: eth0 state: down mac: f0:de:f1:1f:56:9a
Card-2: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 driver: iwlwifi
IF: wlan0 state: up mac: 00:27:10:7c:7d:cc

Return to “antiX”