Trinity Desktop Spin?

zaivala

Re: Trinity Desktop Spin?

#11 Post by zaivala »

So... the original question was about adding Trinity Desktop to MX. Then it went to AntiX, and then to DebianDog.

Could someone answer the original question? I do see pages for this, but they are far above my head. I try to edit a repo file and it won't save.

I had zero trouble getting MATE to load as a desktop. Saying AntiX is all about WMs, not DEs, is dodging the question.

baldyeti

#12 Post by baldyeti »

I may have missed it in a previous answer, but trinity itself has installation instructions for debian:

https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/DebianInstall

anticapitalista
Developer

#13 Post by anticapitalista »

zaivala wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:47 am So... the original question was about adding Trinity Desktop to MX. Then it went to AntiX, and then to DebianDog.

Could someone answer the original question? I do see pages for this, but they are far above my head. I try to edit a repo file and it won't save.

I had zero trouble getting MATE to load as a desktop. Saying AntiX is all about WMs, not DEs, is dodging the question.
Did you read the first reply to the first post? It clearly answers the question.
Last edited by anticapitalista on Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

Jerry3904
Administrator

#14 Post by Jerry3904 »

Stevo wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:29 pm Any volunteers?
Good approach; I see no reason in the world why we would want to do the work to have it here...
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#15 Post by JayM »

zaivala wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:47 am So... the original question was about adding Trinity Desktop to MX. Then it went to AntiX, and then to DebianDog.

Pedantically speaking, the original question was actually
Is a Trinity Desktop spin being developed for AntiX? Just curious. Thanks.
:smile: :smile: :smile:
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#16 Post by Jerry3904 »

And the original answer was actually
not by the dev team
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

penguin

#17 Post by penguin »

skidoo wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:27 am another alternative is: http://exegnulinux.net/
It's Debian -based (devuan, actually). I've booted it & found it to be solid (no crashes, no noticeable memory leaks across a 3 or 4 day session)

@bled, would you skim this this page https://github.com/DebianDog/Jessie/wiki/Porteus-boot
and comment whether it still seems accurate, still applicable when using the stretch-based TrinityDog?
From test-driving the jessie version a while back, I foggily recall using something like
porteus-boot changes=EXIT along with "save2flash" terminal command to perform mid-session waypoint save operations
to acheive a result similar to antiX "semi-automatic mode persistence".

Ah, reminds me to mention:
someone in the MX forum asked about the possibility of getting frisbee networking program into MX.
The version shipped in TrinityDog might be the most likely compatible candidate.

One of my favorites is q4os ( debian based trinity - desktop). I downloaded the exegnulinux to give a try. But... seems that live USB does not know wifi and audio drivers.
@Skido have you installed in vbox ? Have you arrived to have wifi and audio ?

Sparky Linux offers in his repos the Trinity Desktop. Installed times ago in Sparky Linux and I have played around with it.

-----------
I played a little bit exegnulinux. I managed to install wifi and audio drivers by debian firmwares (non-free).
I fixed some thinks inside during my adventure. First need to add PATH of /opt/trinity/bin ... another fix. Another fix....but I never arrived to start wicd-gtk --tray and some other thinks.... Lean distro but needs testing and reports to maintainer to resolve and fix things.

I am removing it from my hdd as we spoke. I like to much Trinity but , xfce is really lean desktop that needs very few thinks/fixes for being on top.Probably some utilities similar of MX Tools , are really what xfce miss.
Last edited by penguin on Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Stevo
Developer

#18 Post by Stevo »

baldyeti wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:37 am I may have missed it in a previous answer, but trinity itself has installation instructions for debian:

https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/DebianInstall
i.e., add the Trinity repo to MX, install the DE, test it, do a respin, upload it to archive.org, and let people know what you've accomplished! You also might to make it the default desktop the Live version boots up with, this can be done by editing one of the lightdm greeter config files, I think.

Return to “antiX”