Fresh install, missing trash can & logout menu buttons [Bug] [Solved]

dolphin_oracle
Developer

Re: Fresh install, missing trash can & logout menu buttons

#11 Post by dolphin_oracle »

kyle_a wrote:Ah I see. Is the guy who does this on eastern time? So like maybe in 5-6 hours?
How long do you think this bug has been there for? I remember trying AntiX-core when 17 first dropped & having the same issue.
I've documented "elogind" too, thanks a bunch for that, that login menu was really bugging me!
I spent all day yesterday trying to get the menu + trash-can fixed & never came across "elogind" anywhere, I'm very relieved to find out it wasn't just me for GVFS!
I used to be a Devuan user, but they are taking waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long on 2.0 & when asked about it they got very rude on one post, I'm not "Makh", but still WOW.. https://imgur.com/a/PBIik

It totally depends on what the repo manager has going on...patience may be required...
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

kyle_a

#12 Post by kyle_a »

dolphin_oracle wrote: It totally depends on what the repo manager has going on...patience may be required...
Ah, no big deal, I can wait til tomorrow, just curious. I'm honestly just happy it wasn't me doing something wrong!

Also, I don't know if its relevant or not, but I am using i586/i686, not x86_64

Edit: I got the update for GVFS & now auto-mount & trash can are working :DDD thanks a bunch guys!

With the Liquorix kernel(non-PAE, plus a mod to grub for the BFQ scheduler) & my AntiX-core build I'm now idling at around 148MB/2000MB while running LXDE, Compton compositor, plank, guake, blueman, network-manager-gnome & xfce4-power-manager, that's 30-60MB less than all other 32-bit distros & on a 32-bit system you can REALLY feel it.

Xaver

#13 Post by Xaver »

Yesterday's upgrade of gvfs packages fixed the trash problem of thunar. But gvfs-daemons did not upgrade correctly because of a problem with libeudev1.

'apt --fix-broken install' shows a dpkg error:
unpacking of libeudev1:amd64 (3.2.5) ...
dpkg-error: /var/cache/apt/archives/libeudev1_3.2.5_amd64.deb (--unpack):
»/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libudev.so.1.6.3« , which is part of "libudev1 220:3.2-4.0nosystemd1", could not be overwritten
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Is there anything that I can do to fix it? Or should Ibe patient and wait for the next gvfs upgrade?

anticapitalista
Developer

#14 Post by anticapitalista »

dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/libeudev1_3.2.5_amd64.deb
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

Xaver

#15 Post by Xaver »

@ anticapitalista
Thank you.The problem with gvfs-daemons is fixed now.

Return to “antiX”