antiX-17-b3-full, base and core-libre versions available for public testing

namida12

Re: antiX-17-b3-full, base and core-libre versions available for public testing

#61 Post by namida12 »

anticapitalista, dolphin_oracle, and Stevo,

Thanks, just seemed odd, to lose boot connectivity to the network and then with more several updates days later have it return after I posted was having the error. Sorry if I did not post about the error thought I would be remiss. But guess I spoke to soon, sorry for my bad judgement. I am only using testing until AntiX goes gold, it has been good for me to use it again, had forgotten a lot of things that made it special previously. Only problems I am experiencing in AntiX 17 b3 now is lots of web sites both Firefox ESR and Google Chrome can not resolve the DNS errors. But presume that is my lack of knowledge on using different settings in the Network.

Thank you for putting up with me and my questions, and my lack of knowledge on how things work.

JR

BitJam
Developer

#62 Post by BitJam »

namida12 wrote:Thanks, just seemed odd, to lose boot connectivity to the network and then with more several updates days later have it return after I posted was having the error.
Yes it was an extremely odd bug. It took a lot of effort to track down. Bugs that cause consistent failures are usually much easier to fix. The technical term for the elusive ones is phase of moon bug because the slightest change can cause the bug to appear or disappear.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you are the easiest person to fool."

-- Richard Feynman

stsoh

#63 Post by stsoh »

i saw 17-pre-rc1 on distwatch released on 16/sep. could be the same as b3?
MX-17.1_x64 Horizon, G41M-P33 Combo (MS-7592), Pentium E5400 (2706 MHz), 8Gb RAM (984 MT/s),
Intel 4 Series Integrated Graphics, Realtek PCIe Fast RTL8101/2/6E, PCI Gigabit RTL8169 Ethernets.
Accepted Linux when i found MX-Linux in 2016.

i_ri

#64 Post by i_ri »

hi stsoh
antix-17 pre-rc is the latest. b3 is not the latest. pre rc; is that like b4-[before] rc?
get it under antix testing at sourceforge. you are right on time.

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#65 Post by dolphin_oracle »

just noting that the pre-rc is what it says...an iso made in preparation for an RC release, mostly for the devs to play with to make sure nothing silly is missing. Notice there was no announcement. It doesn't hurt to test it, but expect it to be replaced with an actual announced RC soon.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

namida12

#66 Post by namida12 »

dolphin_oracle wrote:just noting that the pre-rc is what it says...an iso made in preparation for an RC release, mostly for the devs to play with to make sure nothing silly is missing. Notice there was no announcement. It doesn't hurt to test it, but expect it to be replaced with an actual announced RC soon.
AntiX b3 testing finally stopped working for me, on the one test system I was using. Can not get on-line with that computer any longer - I will install the pre-rc as I am posting with currently... But I need to move this system to a client office temporarily, as her office was looted last evening. I have a recent back-up drive to get her started...

JR

namida12

#67 Post by namida12 »

dolphin_oracle wrote:just noting that the pre-rc is what it says...an iso made in preparation for an RC release, mostly for the devs to play with to make sure nothing silly is missing. Notice there was no announcement. It doesn't hurt to test it, but expect it to be replaced with an actual announced RC soon.
pre-rc is working fine on Ryzen system after anti-17-b3-full Testing update killed my wired internet connection again. Presume that has been corrected with newer testing updates by now but I tried everything suggested, and took the easy route. I really like the speed and stability of the AntiX o/s 17 that are being tested.

Return to “antiX”