Solved - USB Flash Stick (mount and unmount)

namida12

Solved - USB Flash Stick (mount and unmount)

#1 Post by namida12 »

I have discovered how to eject a mounted USB flash drive with the small icon on the lower left of the screen (between the show desktop and workspace 1 icons), and after the flash drive is inserted it will automount. What I have not discovered, is if I accidentally close the USB Flash Drive window where do I find the flash drive and reopen the index window that I just closed.

The File icon on the upper left section desktop does not show the USB Flash drive stick as MX does when looking for the USB Stick. Nor can I open the USB Flash drive from the control center (Disc> Mount Connected Devices). I am certain there is a simple method to reopen the closed file menu of the USB Flash Stick, but can't find this information in the help files.

At a loss?

JR
Last edited by namida12 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

dolphin_oracle
Developer

Re: USB Flash Stick (mount and unmount)

#2 Post by dolphin_oracle »

Navigate your file manager to /media.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

namida12

Re: USB Flash Stick (mount and unmount)

#3 Post by namida12 »

dolphin_oracle wrote:Navigate your file manager to /media.
Thanks, had previously done that 10-or-20 times with no success, but now found the flash drive. Thank you, i just did not go far enough needed one more step, open my green244 folder..

Left click on File icon on desktop upper left corner file icon. Up arrow to parent directory> up arrow to parent directory> open media folder> open green244 folder>

Return to “antiX”