antiX Screenshots

Jerry3904
Administrator

Re: antiX Screenshots

#91 Post by Jerry3904 »

MX17 version didn't have lua5.2 on board
Sounds like something we should correct for the next version, thanks for mentioning it.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

skidoo

#92 Post by skidoo »

can't comprehend the "sarcastic" response, but okay, whatever.
removed
Last edited by skidoo on Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fehlix
Developer

#93 Post by fehlix »

skidoo wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:24 pm Image
wow, a nice selfie :rolleyes:
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

asqwerth
Developer

#94 Post by asqwerth »

male wrote:...No asqwerth, this has nothing to do with other packages bearing the name "cairo" in them ...The only astonishing point was that my (and @eadwiene's) MX17 version didn't have lua5.2 on board, which is necessary to convert syntax1.9 ---> to syntax1.10....

Maybe this is intentional because of the construct: conky-all(1.10) and the CM and its configuration files in 1.9
I doubt lua5.2 has anything to do with the problem. Regarding converting conky 1.9 to 1.10, COnky 1.10 does it normally while running, even in MX15/16.

Anyway, what I did was try to get the manual gears clock conky running in Manjaro, which has conky 1.10, lua (latest 5.3) and lua52 both installed, and also has cairo package (1.16) already installed .

This was the initial terminal error message.
Screenshot_2018-11-06_14-30-44.png
I had to use screenshot because after that first message, another error message kept propagating non-stop (see below) and I couldn't scroll up fast enough to copy the starting error message ("select all" menu option also wouldn't work):

Code: Select all

conky: llua_do_call: function conky_main execution failed: attempt to call a nil value
conky: llua_do_call: function conky_main execution failed: attempt to call a nil value
So it didn't work in Manjaro either for me. How did you get it to work??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

male

#95 Post by male »

Jerry3904 wrote:
MX17 version didn't have lua5.2 on board
Sounds like something we should correct for the next version, thanks for mentioning it.
That's very thoughtful of you. :happy:

Although the user heart in me says, you would rather have used the solution of anticapitalista in antiX...
But here I have no idea how long a developer can build "against" the new package.

male

#96 Post by male »

asqwerth wrote: I doubt lua5.2 has anything to do with the problem. Regarding converting conky 1.9 to 1.10, COnky 1.10 does it normally while running, even in MX15/16.
No one said that either.

and you've never seen the error message in the terminal before?
I don't have it at hand right now...
asqwerth wrote: Anyway, what I did was try to get the manual gears clock conky running in Manjaro, which has conky 1.10, lua (latest 5.3) and lua52 both installed, and also has cairo package (1.16) already installed .
Why don't you do that in MX17? ;)

First of all, these are the "inconsistencies" of 1.10 ! The gurus have already stumbled over this. 1.10 punishes immediately "errors" of the configuration from 1.9
But the screen says for me, that lua5.3 is not installed ?
asqwerth wrote:I had to use screenshot because after that first message, another error message kept propagating non-stop (see below) and I couldn't scroll up fast enough to copy the starting error message ("select all" menu option also wouldn't work):
Not for nothing has Sector11 developed the pkill command for this purpose ;)
So it didn't work in Manjaro either for me. How did you get it to work??
I confess, with 1.9, I didn't even try it.
I cleaned up the code and adapted it to my MX system and then converted it to 1.10.

asqwerth
Developer

#97 Post by asqwerth »

male wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:29 am
asqwerth wrote: Anyway, what I did was try to get the manual gears clock conky running in Manjaro, which has conky 1.10, lua (latest 5.3) and lua52 both installed, and also has cairo package (1.16) already installed .
Why don't you do that in MX17? ;)
Because I'm currently booted into Manjaro to install updates. :p
First of all, these are the "inconsistencies" of 1.10 ! The gurus have already stumbled over this. 1.10 punishes immediately "errors" of the configuration from 1.9
But the screen says for me, that lua5.3 is not installed ?
I think the terminal error message shows that lua53 is installed but the cairo modules can't be found.

Also, here is a screenshot from the package manager of manjaro to show it's installed (note that lua52 is also installed):
Screenshot_2018-11-06_17-45-27.png
wrote: Not for nothing has Sector11 developed the pkill command for this purpose ;)
How do I use it in a conky?
I confess, with 1.9, I didn't even try it.
I cleaned up the code and adapted it to my MX system and then converted it to 1.10.
To clarify, you successfully ran the original clock conky under conky-legacy (version 1.9) in MX, then you just converted the syntax of the clock config file to 1.10 but you didn't try running the converted file on a system that runs conky 1.10?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)

male

#98 Post by male »

tested
grimy_wall in version1.9 also runs in MX17 and here you can also see the error message I meant in the terminal

asqwerth wrote: I think the terminal error message shows that lua53 is installed but the cairo modules can't be found.

Also, here is a screenshot from the package manager of manjaro to show it's installed (note that lua52 is also installed):
I also used the conky packages of the Distri in arch-linux for a long time and had no success.
Only when I understood to use the packages from AUR instead, the long awaited success was there. :hug:
Not for nothing has Sector11 developed the pkill command for this purpose ;)

How do I use it in a conky?
is ABOVE in many configurations and can also be seen in my screenshots.
To clarify, you successfully ran the original clock conky under conky-legacy (version 1.9) in MX, then you just converted the syntax of the clock config file to 1.10 but you didn't try running the converted file on a system that runs conky 1.10?
I cleaned up the code and adapted it to my MX system AND THEN converted it to 1.10.
Last edited by male on Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

asqwerth
Developer

#99 Post by asqwerth »

No, I"m not talking about the usual error message about converting from old syntax. I didn't get that error message because I was using YOUR (not the original) clock config file which you had already converted to new syntax in your earlier post.

I was talking about this error:
Screenshot_error.png

male

#100 Post by male »

I was talking about this error:
male wrote:I also used the conky packages of the Distri in arch-linux for a long time and had no success.
Only when I understood to use the packages from AUR instead, the long awaited success was there. :hug:
Question manjaro :lion:

Return to “antiX”