antiX-16 articles and reviews

BitJam
Developer

antiX-16 articles and reviews

#1 Post by BitJam »

In addition to this article linked to by namida12: antiX 16 "Berta Cáceres" Linux OS Arrives Without systemd, Based on Debian 8.5 ...

I just saw this article in Spanish: antiX 16 “Berta Cáceres”, nueva versión que bootea en menos de 10 segundos which translates to "antiX 16 "Berta Caceres" new version that boots in under 10 seconds".
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you are the easiest person to fool."

-- Richard Feynman

i_ri

Re: antiX-16 articles and reviews

#2 Post by i_ri »

hello BitJam and hello everyone
W.Klew sure says nice things about antiX16 but he needs a new picture/ screenshot of the new system. i'm not a member of those comment systems offered, maybe someone (who can) ,,, use this perfect excuse to comment a link to antix.mepispuntorg/...=Spanish below the article about newly/ only just available screenshots of the recent antiX. ?

bicyclist56

#3 Post by bicyclist56 »

There is a message on the issue antiX 16 on the Russian site - http://www.opennet.ru/opennews/art.shtml?num=44692
MX-18: Intel Celeron C1037U 8GB RAM 2x120GB SSD
MX-18: Intel Core i5-3317U 4GB RAM 32GB SSD
Slax-9: Intel Core i5-3317U 4GB RAM 8GB SSD
No Windows!
My blog (Russian) - https://bicyclist56.blogspot.com/p/mx-linux.html

Jerry3904
Administrator

#4 Post by Jerry3904 »

Is there anything interesting in the many comments?
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

BitJam
Developer

#5 Post by BitJam »

Jerry3904 wrote:Is there anything interesting in the many comments?
This pretty much sums up the entire internet.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you are the easiest person to fool."

-- Richard Feynman

lucky9

#6 Post by lucky9 »

Slightly positive overall.
There are several notes concerning not using systemd.
One mention of not being long term (when is stretch coming?).
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

Mauser

#7 Post by Mauser »

Is it available with the Xfce desktop?
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Stevo
Developer

#8 Post by Stevo »

the generic Debian xfce can be added, and you could add the MX customizations with some extra effort.

BitJam
Developer

#9 Post by BitJam »

Mauser wrote:Is it available with the Xfce desktop?
Yes. It is incredibly easy:
  • Control Centre --> System Tab --> Meta Package Installer (it will ask for your USER password)
  • Check the box next to "xfce4" under Window Manager. Click install button.
  • When the install is done, right-click on the desktop then select: Desktop --> Other Desktops --> Xfce
That's it. You don't even need to log out of X windows!

However, If you are primarily interested in xcfe the I suggest you use MX. It starts with the antiX chassis but has been tweaked and customized around xfce. If nothing else, you will get much better xfce support with MX.

-- Richard Feynman

Mauser

#10 Post by Mauser »

BitJam wrote:
Mauser wrote:Is it available with the Xfce desktop?
Yes. It is incredibly easy:
  • Control Centre --> System Tab --> Meta Package Installer (it will ask for your USER password)
  • Check the box next to "xfce4" under Window Manager. Click install button.
  • When the install is done, right-click on the desktop then select: Desktop --> Other Desktops --> Xfce
That's it. You don't even need to log out of X windows!

However, If you are primarily interested in xcfe the I suggest you use MX. It starts with the antiX chassis but has been tweaked and customized around xfce. If nothing else, you will get much better xfce support with MX.
Thanks. I am using MX-15 I was just curious. So far so good except for that Pidgin doesn't work anymore with Yahoo Instant Messenger.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Return to “antiX”