antiX is great

lonesomepoint

antiX is great

#1 Post by lonesomepoint »

I'm not surprised that someone selected antiX as the distro of the year last year. I've stuck with antiX for nearly four years, even when I get annoyed at it when some prolem occurs that I don't know how to solve. It's still the only Debian-based distro I know that:
-Fits my skill level: not a newbie but nowhere near an expert.
-Has software small enough to fit on one CD, without making the distro too advanced for my skill level.
-Installs extremely fast.
-Is very easy to modify. My antiX installations end up looking pretty dissimilar to antix-full: I change the desktop to Xfce and remove most of the preinstalled software.
-Is not Ubuntu-based.
-Is easy to remaster.
-Is easy to use on a USB stick.

antiX fills a niche that other Debian-based distros don't. It should be more popular.

lucky9

Re: antiX is great

#2 Post by lucky9 »

Technically I think it has gotten more popular, especially since the release of MX. I think they are separate enough to considered separately. But since there are those that have decided they are not (separate enough that is), together they help each other a great deal.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

golden45

#3 Post by golden45 »

mx 14.3 is great thanks

golden45

#4 Post by golden45 »

Antix-16-b1 is great installed and enjoy running.thanks anti

zeeone

#5 Post by zeeone »

Nice is it not? I use the LXDE Desktop and does everything I need to do. :popcorn:
Research, Research, Research, Before You Walk The Plank.
Registered Linux User # 398829

Return to “antiX”