Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

A Ridiculously Configurable Digital Desktop Clock

Those who have created deb or tar packages to share with other MX users can create a thread in this forum to do that. Also those that request someone to create a package for them, can be posted here.
Stevo
Developer

#1 Post by Stevo »

Look at my clock, my clock is amazing...♫ (apologies to Mr. Weeble)

There was a request on the MX-Clocky review that it display a digital clock instead of analog--which I couldn't figure how to make it do. There's this instead, though:

http://i.imgur.com/u5VyZEj.gif

The homepage is in the animated GIF (created by Peek ;) ) I downloaded the x64 Linux version from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/digita ... les/4.4.6/, though I'm also going to look at the beta (next) version. It's a rather big download, because it contains a lot of Qt 5 5.6 libraries that it uses. That means it must be launched with the digital_clock.sh script, which you should be able to start just by clicking it.

It comes with a variety of skins, but you can also set it to use any font, any colors for the digits and background, apply any textures you have to the font, have any translucency for it, have it stay on top or not, use a lot of plugins for: alarms (chimes or any mp3 you have), display your IP, take a quick note, toll on the hour like a tower clock, shift colors in a spectrum, and more. You can also export and import settings.

It seems to be open-source, and I was able to manually compile the basic clock against our Qt 5, but the plugins didn't seem to be available...I have to look into it. There aren't any skins shipped with the source, either.

Moderator: image changed to link

pannet1

#2 Post by pannet1 »

Surprised that there was following for this. My wife sets lot of alarm in her mobile and mine. we usually work during nights and we tend to snooze and stop the alarm. Hence this precaution. Sometimes the alarms goes on during the daytime when we are working in our respective PCs. This causes tremendous irritation.

If i remember correctly i even tried this clock. Somehow i missed the alarm clock. Will be nice, if this simulates a similar experience that of a Android Clock. Though, I think the note might be a overkill.
mx linux 19 (KDE) - using mx linux since 17.1
x86_64 / 32-bit, 64-bit / CPUs 4 / GenuineIntel / Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4010U CPU @ 1.70GHz

Return to “Package Sharing”