Threads that go off topic

Forum is Read only retaining history. Help goes in Help Forums. Your tips on how to do something go in Tips and Tricks. Forum help in Site Help.
richb
Administrator

Threads that go off topic

#1 Post by richb »

richb wrote:
My comment was about fstab not grep, and I have been corrected and accepted the correction.

In any case I have tried twice to keep this thread on topic and have failed. The subject is "Can't log into KDE anymore".
Zevon wrote:
Understood, both terms were covered in my message so I obviously got the wrong end of the stick at some point.

The "Can't log into KDE anymore" problem seems to have diminished so maybe the many posts on the subject are providing the answers for some people.
I chose to work around it by setting a machine into 'server' mode but there are other approaches as we know.
I am often guilty as well of going off topic. Not the worst violation. But the best approach is to start a new thread with an appropriate title, and paste a link to the thread where the topic veered off course. In that way the new topic is segregated from the old, and someone searching for a log on issue will not have to read through posts about pronunciation.

http://forum.mepiscommunity.org/viewtop ... 59&t=34283
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Jerry3904
Administrator

Re: Threads that go off topic

#2 Post by Jerry3904 »

I have an old sweater where lots of threads have gone off topic--oh dear, is this post off topic?!
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

lucky9

Re: Threads that go off topic

#3 Post by lucky9 »

We'll let you guess.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

Return to “Forum How-to's”