Does the forum index page update automatic ?

Forum is Read only retaining history. Help goes in Help Forums. Your tips on how to do something go in Tips and Tricks. Forum help in Site Help.
joany

Re: Does the forum index page update automatic ?

#21 Post by joany »

lucky9 wrote:As I said, there is a Reload choice in the right-click menu in FF. I'd have said a 'Reload every...' if that was there.
Mine has this too. I'm using a stock FF 9.0.1 without any reload add-on.
MX-14; 3.12-0.bpo.1-686-pae kernel using 4GB RAM
2.4GHz AMD Athlon 4600+
NVidia GeForce 6150 LE; 304.121 Display Driver
You didn't slow down because you're old; you're old because you slowed down.

richb
Administrator

#22 Post by richb »

joany wrote:
lucky9 wrote:As I said, there is a Reload choice in the right-click menu in FF. I'd have said a 'Reload every...' if that was there.
Mine has this too. I'm using a stock FF 9.0.1 without any reload add-on.
My stock 9.01 does not have this. It is a manual reload. It is from the standard Mepis repos. I have not seen any stock FF have an automatic timed reload.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

lucky9

#23 Post by lucky9 »

I know you're an Engineer rickb, but I did not say it was an automatic Reload. Just that it was a right-click away. Those of us who do not use a keyboard use right-click menus all the time. I'd never thought of a need for automatically reloading a page before this subject came up. I still don't see much usefulness for me for that feature.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

richb
Administrator

#24 Post by richb »

lucky9 wrote:I know you're an Engineer rickb, but I did not say it was an automatic Reload. Just that it was a right-click away. Those of us who do not use a keyboard use right-click menus all the time. I'd never thought of a need for automatically reloading a page before this subject came up. I still don't see much usefulness for me for that feature.
My last response was to Joany, I was curious how she got that feature on a stock Firefox. I understand your post.

For me it is useful as I have the laptop sitting next to me while I am watching television. A glance without reaching for the keyboard or mouse, lets me know if an update has occurred. I am not suggesting everyone needs it.
Forum Rules

richb Administrator

lucky9

#25 Post by lucky9 »

Hadn't thought of that use rich. I usually set down at the computer desk and....compute. When finished I logout here and lock the Desktop. I have a brother-in-law that does as you do I think. At least his Apple Laptop is on a table beside his easy chair. He's big on a social media site (among others I'm sure).
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

joany

#26 Post by joany »

In the Firefox about:config look at the 'accessibility.autoblockrefresh' setting. Mine is set to 'false'. My 'services.sync.prefs.sync.accessibility.autoblockfrefresh' setting is set to 'true'. My 'extensions.tabutils.menu.context_reloadEvery' setting is set to 'true'.

I'm not sure these settings are important, but they may be.
2.4GHz AMD Athlon 4600+

richb
Administrator

#27 Post by richb »

joany wrote:In the Firefox about:config look at the 'accessibility.autoblockrefresh' setting. Mine is set to 'false'. My 'services.sync.prefs.sync.accessibility.autoblockfrefresh' setting is set to 'true'. My 'extensions.tabutils.menu.context_reloadEvery' setting is set to 'true'.

I'm not sure these settings are important, but they may be.
Same here. Are you sure that one of your other addons does not have that as a feature? For example Tab Mix Plus has an auto reload feature.
Forum Rules

richb Administrator

DBeckett

#28 Post by DBeckett »

joany wrote:Mine has this too. I'm using a stock FF 9.0.1 without any reload add-on.
I'm using FF 9.01 and Nightly from the Moz tarballs. I've never seen an automatic reload feature until yesterday when I installed ReloadEvery after Rich mentioned it. The only extensions I had previously were NoScript and Adblock Plus.
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX-6100 hex-core, 3.3GHz, 8G, Radeon HD6570

joany

#29 Post by joany »

richb wrote: Same here. Are you sure that one of your other addons does not have that as a feature? For example Tab Mix Plus has an auto reload feature.
You're right! When I disabled Tab Mix Plus, the menu item disappeared.
2.4GHz AMD Athlon 4600+

Return to “Forum How-to's”