Being logged out

Forum is Read only retaining history. Help goes in Help Forums. Your tips on how to do something go in Tips and Tricks. Forum help in Site Help.
lucky9

Being logged out

#1 Post by lucky9 »

Anyone having this kind of problem? The last two days or so I've been logged out several times when submitting a reply. This may not be a forum problem as I just upgraded Opera to 11.10 and have had another anomaly, namely when the Opera Turbo mode is on a page will hang at when the browser tries to load the little icon that takes you to the last post.
Just happened again so that's enough to make me post here.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

uncle mark

Re: Being logged out

#2 Post by uncle mark »

lucky9 wrote:Anyone having this kind of problem? The last two days or so I've been logged out several times when submitting a reply. This may not be a forum problem as I just upgraded Opera to 11.10 and have had another anomaly, namely when the Opera Turbo mode is on a page will hang at when the browser tries to load the little icon that takes you to the last post.
I believe (but don't hold be to this) that Opera's turbo mode is related to ipv6. There's a thread I was involved with here some time back that led to to that conclusion. I'll see if I can find it and post back.
Custom build Asus/AMD/nVidia circa 2011 -- MX 19.2 KDE
Acer Aspire 5250 -- MX 21 KDE
Toshiba Satellite C55 -- MX 18.3 Xfce
Assorted Junk -- assorted Linuxes

uncle mark

#3 Post by uncle mark »

uncle mark wrote:
lucky9 wrote:Anyone having this kind of problem? The last two days or so I've been logged out several times when submitting a reply. This may not be a forum problem as I just upgraded Opera to 11.10 and have had another anomaly, namely when the Opera Turbo mode is on a page will hang at when the browser tries to load the little icon that takes you to the last post.
I believe (but don't hold be to this) that Opera's turbo mode is related to ipv6. There's a thread I was involved with here some time back that led to to that conclusion. I'll see if I can find it and post back.
This was the thread I had in mind, but upon further review it may not be related:

http://forum.mepiscommunity.org/viewtop ... v6#p256311

lucky9

#4 Post by lucky9 »

Turbo is off. Opera is unusable with it enabled. At least for me on this forum.

Where is the preference set for ipv6? I just took a 20 minute stroll through the Opera Preferences and didn't see a thing. Search didn't turn up anything either.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

uncle mark

#5 Post by uncle mark »

lucky9 wrote:Turbo is off. Opera is unusable with it enabled. At least for me on this forum.

Where is the preference set for ipv6? I just took a 20 minute stroll through the Opera Preferences and didn't see a thing. Search didn't turn up anything either.
I wouldn't swear you've got an ipv6 problem. It just smelled that way initially.

From the Wiki:
For the 2.6.32 kernel, the procedure below no longer works because ipv6 has been incorporated into the kernel. As a workaround, you can disable it by appending the following as a boot-option to the 'kernel' line of the GRUB menu:

Code: Select all

ipv6.disable=1
http://www.mepis.org/docs/en/index.php? ... sable_IPv6

Return to “Forum How-to's”