Welcome!

Please read this important information about MX sources lists.
News
  • MX Linux on social media: here
  • Mepis support still here
Current releases
  • MX-16.1 release info here
  • antiX-17-b1-full release info here
  • antiX-16.2 release info here
New users
  • Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
  • Read Forum Rules

Thanks and Reputation

Brooko
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Thanks and Reputation

#21 Postby Brooko » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:11 pm

richb wrote:H Brooko,

Glad you dropped in. I agree there is an imbalance with the old system. But if the cut back for senior members is voluntary then an imbalance still exists with some cutting and others not. I fail to see why the whole thing is so controversial. While I agree rep has its purposes I am tempted to just disable it to avoid the ongoing controversy that seems to pop up on a regular basis.

PS. As you know, but others may not be aware, rep and thanks are separate modules and cannot be tied together.

Actually Rich - that's a good idea. Disable rep, and leave thanks in. The thanks is shown next to the user name anyway - and is probably more of a measure of reliability - more thanks received usually means higher trust.

And sorry - I hadn't realised it had become quite so controversial :footinmouth:

You guys still run a great board here though.
Desktop - Win 8-64 : Corsair 520HX, P5Q Pro, Q6600 G0 @ 3Ghz, 4Gb DDR2 1066, Asus GTX560 OC, 3xWD 500Gb Sata2, Asus CD/DVD, Logitech Wave Kb, G5, C300 Cam, Audio-gd NFB-12 + LD MKIV + GigaWorks T20.
Netbook - Ubuntu 12.04 64b, Asus 1015PED 2Gb Ram

iridesce
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Thanks and Reputation

#22 Postby iridesce » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:27 pm

uncle mark wrote:Just for the record, I do not want any more rep.

Seems several of the humor impaired have been taking me seriously, despite my numerous admonitions to not do so.

And since I am smiley impaired, and have this compulsion to reply with tongue in cheek often, resulting in people taking offense when none is intended, I'll be keeping my posting to a minimum.

As one who did express offense before knowing from where you truly came from - I will miss the banter between you and others :sigh:

Hopefully we will continue to enjoy your wit expressed in posts - somehow I imagine it will be difficult to suppress ;)

And part of me, the conspiratorial part that causes me to smile when I read your duels , half wonders if this is yet another deeply diabolical scheme to indeed gain more green jellybeans ( insert maniacal laughing )
...Ostara.................................... minni
Image Image
...Mepis 11_64...........................Mepis 11_32

Return to “Forum How-to's”