Thank you MX Linux

Here you can post a testimonial about why you like or love MX. Include as much detail and info as you wish.
D800

Thank you MX Linux

#1 Post by D800 »

I just wanted to give a BIG THANK YOU to all of the MX Linux developers for such an awesome Linux distro!
I've been using it for about two years now I cannot be happier.

During that entire two year span, I have experienced only one (very minor) hiccup.
After an update, I lost functionality to my number pad on the right side of my keyboard.
I looked up the problem online and was able to change back some settings that were altered.

In a previous lifetime, I did way more computing. I dabbled with a few distros in the past (Red Hat many moons ago in college, and PC Linux OS more recently).
Unfortunately, my college really pushed MS products big time. Luckily, I didn't let that limit my curiosity and dabbled with Linux. I always held onto that in my back pocket.
Well, I really have not liked where MS OS's have gone and still going, so I decided to make a 100% switch. ...and let me tell you...
I cannot be happier!

Thank you to all of the developers and to the MX Linux Team. You guys (and gals) are awesome!
Thank you as well to all of the knowledgeable and generous and kind posters. Whenever I've run into an issue, I have found the answer within this forum.

A little about me, I do not have much time these days (I have young son that I am actively raising). I can no longer devote hours to computing like I was able to do when I was in college.
I am in no way a seasoned veteran IT guru. I know just enough to explore this forum, Google, and YouTube to find answers to any issue I may have. Things have worked out good so far.
So let me say it has been absolute joy exploring and using MX Linux. I know there's a sea of other Linux distros out there but I'm a firm believer - if it's not broke don't fix it - So I'm sticking with MX Linux.
So again, THANK YOU!

BTW - is there any MX Linux apparel for purchase anywhere?

Artim

Re: Thank you MX Linux

#2 Post by Artim »

Welcome!

I think a lot of schools promote Microsoft products and Pearson textbooks. Like maybe somebody is getting some kickback money or something, because while every professor in a given department says he or she hates the textbook, the "Department Head" makes them use it anyway.

So far I have managed to get all my schoolwork done without using any Microsoft stuff (and wrote about it here). Pearson is harder to avoid, lol.

MX is great for us non-techy types who need a system that is completely reliable and sturdy. I like to say it's even "boring" because it's so trouble-free!

Jerry3904
Administrator

#3 Post by Jerry3904 »

Unfortunately, no. That's something we would like to have in the future, though we need to find someone willing to take on the task first since we are all pretty occupied ATM.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

WarhawkCZ

#4 Post by WarhawkCZ »

I would like to also add something on top - also big thanks to everyone who's been contributing to the MX Manual. Believe or not, I read it and found it extremely useful, especially for a windows refugee like myself.
I use Google before asking dumb questions but I am new to Linux. Thank you for your patience :-)

Gaer Boy

#5 Post by Gaer Boy »

@WarhawkCZ - You've gladdened Jerry's heart. The Manual is mainly his work.

Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro AX, Ryzen 5 5600G, 16GB, 250GB Samsung SSD (GPT), 2x1TB HDD (MBR), MX-21-AHS
Lenovo Thinkpad X220, dual-core i5, 4MB, 120GB Samsung SSD (GPT), MX-21

Paul..

#6 Post by Paul.. »

Jerry3904 will be very pleased!! It is very very good.

Asus Prime X570-Pro | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
16 Gig DDR4 3600 | Radeon RX 5600 XT Graphics
Samsung 860 500GB SSDs (2)

Jerry3904
Administrator

#7 Post by Jerry3904 »

I am always glad to see new users do some research on their OS.
The Manual is mainly his work.
Now, that's true. But all the work behind the first versions depended a lot on two other people: silverbear (who still comes around now and then) and Alan D. Moore
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB

manyroads

#8 Post by manyroads »

Jerry3904 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:49 am
Unfortunately, no. That's something we would like to have in the future, though we need to find someone willing to take on the task first since we are all pretty occupied ATM.
Everyone probably already knows this... but you can simply send MX Logos etc over to sites like 'spreadshirt' and have custom things like mugs, jackets, hats, made (you can even send your dog's photo...).

@Jerry3904, if someone sends me the artwork you'd want on merchandise, I'll happily spend an hour setting up the MX spreadshirt site and provide you with the link to add it where ever you want in the MX eco-sphere (might as well send the antiX artwork also). I may need a contact person for the appropriate financial stuff so monies show up in the MX/ntiX coffers.
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Jerry3904
Administrator

#9 Post by Jerry3904 »

Well I didn't know that, thanks. Will take a look...

BTw: Not sure we can actually sell anything until we become some sort of official organization, need to check on that.

manyroads

#10 Post by manyroads »

Jerry3904 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:34 am Well I didn't know that, thanks. Will take a look...

BTw: Not sure we can actually sell anything until we become some sort of official organization, need to check on that.
The spreadshirt folks will send the $1 or so massive wealth accumulating 'profit' (per item sold) to any legal bank entity. They also report tax info to you. :number1:
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Return to “Testimonials”