MX Linux review

Here you can post a testimonial about why you like or love MX. Include as much detail and info as you wish.
KBD

MX Linux review

#1 Post by KBD »

Artim

Re: MX Linux review

#2 Post by Artim »

Pretty basic, very positive. Add some comments!

Pierre

#3 Post by Pierre »

it's an nice review, though
:)

Jerry3904
Administrator

#4 Post by Jerry3904 »

Distrowatch picked it up--huh!
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

KBD

#5 Post by KBD »

I thought it was one of the better, comprehensive reviews I've seen.

masinick

#6 Post by masinick »

MX Linux 19.2 Review | Why Is MX Ranked #1 From T…: https://youtu.be/6wVfGmdW8Wo

Don't know if this one has been mentioned.

Though the gentleman has a different accent than I do, his comments are very similar to what I would have said or wrote.

Once again congratulations on another excellent job!

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#7 Post by JayM »

It was posted two days ago: viewtopic.php?f=101&t=58820 :smile:
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

Adrian
Developer

#8 Post by Adrian »

One particularly good (and super fast) app that I'm a huge fan of is the MX Package Installer.
That's always particularly nice to hear, I wrote that tool from scratch in a week or so (but perfected over much longer period). I stole the GUI idea from an old Sidux(?) tool that antiX came with called "Metpackage Installer" we might have had that for a while in the first MX versions too. I "borrowed" the look because my GUI imagination is very limited, hey, most of the MX apps GUIs have been developed by remote control, Jerry would tell me what to add or what to remove.

BTW, is this a review of 18.2 or 19.2?

dreamer

#9 Post by dreamer »

Adrian wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:08 pm
One particularly good (and super fast) app that I'm a huge fan of is the MX Package Installer.
That's always particularly nice to hear, I wrote that tool from scratch in a week or so (but perfected over much longer period). I stole the GUI idea from an old Sidux(?) tool that antiX came with called "Metpackage Installer" we might have had that for a while in the first MX versions too. I "borrowed" the look because my GUI imagination is very limited, hey, most of the MX apps GUIs have been developed by remote control, Jerry would tell me what to add or what to remove.

BTW, is this a review of 18.2 or 19.2?
One of the best thing about MX Linux is that not only are the MX Tools super useful, but they are also very nicely designed and easy to use. There is no vanity in the design (which is pretty common these days) - they are designed to be useful. I would describe it as Gnome2 era design (which I think is the best), but that statement might not make much sense to a Qt developer.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#10 Post by Jerry3904 »

Nice to see Adrian's get praise! I have worked with him a lot on these tools and never cease to be amazed at what he can do.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

Return to “Testimonials”