Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

Makeuseof review

Here you can post a testimonial about why you like or love MX. Include as much detail and info as you wish.
azrielle

Re: Makeuseof review

#11 Post by azrielle »

duane wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:35 am After using Linux exclusively for a number of years it is hard to put myself in a windows users mindset.
Using Linux since around 2002 I think it was. I just don't think like that anymore.
I purposely left windows because I did not like Microsoft.
So yeah it is hard to remember when I was still tied to Windows because I needed some of their software.
But I have friends and relatives that still use it and I kinda block out that kind of stuff because I am not interested in it anymore.
It is like a habit that I used to have I can't go back to that mindset because I don't do that anymore.

Just my two cents.
Reminds me of this song
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY
Lenovo T430 i5/3320m 8GB MX17.1/Win7SP1 180GB SSD/128GB mSATA
Lenovo X230 i7/3520m 12GB MX17.1/Win7SP1 500GB SSD 480GB mSATA
Lenovo X131e i3/3227u 8GB MX21Xfce/Win7SP1 500GB SSD
Lenovo 11e Celeron n3150 4GB MX19/Fedora30Games 128GB SSD

clicktician

Re: Makeuseof review

#12 Post by clicktician »

The author writes, "MX Linux takes it a step further... at zero cost."

ZERO COST? That always irks me. There is a huge cost. It's just that you don't care about the cost, and have chosen to let other people pay it for you.
Open source has always been a "pay what you wish" market. People invest time, skills, education, resources, and money. In return, they get MX Linux.
It took me a decade to convince my employer that open source was NOT a zero-cost alternative for our business solutions.

MX Linux has no set license fee. So, you can ignore the costs with no penalty. The price is distributed over the contributors.
Son, someday all this will belong to your ex wife.

Return to “Testimonials”