Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

Hello everyone

Here you can post a testimonial about why you like or love MX. Include as much detail and info as you wish.
davemx

Hello everyone

#1 Post by davemx »

I am a PCLinuxOS user, and over the years I have tried out one distro after another to have a "backup" or alternative plan ready in case it goes belly up. And I am always disappointed and hoping that it never happens.

And then I found AntiX, which led me to MX Linux. To say I'm impressed is an understatement. Everything so far seems to "just work", including the "deb"s from the Brother site for my printer/scanner, and though the "deb" for my Huion 610 tablet didn't work, the tar.gz and accompanying instructions did!

The only other manual intervention I had to make was an entry in the /etc/modules file which lm-sensors failed to do.

Anyway, a great distro, congratulations to all concerned.
Desktop: Mini-Box M350 with Asus H110i-plus motherboard, Pentium G4600 processor, 2TB SSD and 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133
Printer/Scanner: Brother MFC-J5335W
Laptop: Lenovo V15 ADA
Media Centre: Lenovo Q190

Adrian
Developer

Re: Hello everyone

#2 Post by Adrian »

Welcome onboard. The forum is the "secret weapon" of MX. The more you participate here the more MX will fit your needs.

KBD

#3 Post by KBD »

Hi and welcome!
I remember when I downloaded the driver for my brother laser printer it would not install on vanilla debian but worked fine on MX.

davemx

#4 Post by davemx »

@KBD: That doesn't surprise me. I have tried out Debian, and it was disappointing in the end. Too many things broke when I had to install non-free packages, using unofficial Debian repos. No matter what distro I tried, something broke and I couldn't fix it, and I mean all the big name ones. In one or two cases, I installed and couldn't even boot to a desktop.

One great thing about MX Linux is conky. All the supplied configuration files meant I could take a look and see how it works, and I've learnt more in the past few days than I did in years looking at various forums. I do like to learn stuff!
Desktop: Mini-Box M350 with Asus H110i-plus motherboard, Pentium G4600 processor, 2TB SSD and 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133
Printer/Scanner: Brother MFC-J5335W
Laptop: Lenovo V15 ADA
Media Centre: Lenovo Q190

KBD

#5 Post by KBD »

davemx wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:05 am @KBD: That doesn't surprise me. I have tried out Debian, and it was disappointing in the end. Too many things broke when I had to install non-free packages, using unofficial Debian repos. No matter what distro I tried, something broke and I couldn't fix it, and I mean all the big name ones. In one or two cases, I installed and couldn't even boot to a desktop.

One great thing about MX Linux is conky. All the supplied configuration files meant I could take a look and see how it works, and I've learnt more in the past few days than I did in years looking at various forums. I do like to learn stuff!
That's great :happy:

Return to “Testimonials”