Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

Nice job!

Here you can post a testimonial about why you like or love MX. Include as much detail and info as you wish.
rootetsy

Nice job!

#1 Post by rootetsy »

Hi All,

I just switched my main computer over to MX 2 weeks ago and I thought I would let you know how much I enjoy it.

A little knowledge about me. This is my work computer and I use at least 50 hours per week. Before MX I was on Mint 18.3. I had been with Mint since around 17.1 I think. And I've been using only Linux for my desktop for at least 12 years now. Mostly Debian based distros.

Now that I've had a little bit of use with MX I can say that it's exactly what I'm looking for. I think I've found my new home for a while.

I love that it's based on Debain stable. You've done a great job with the default settings for everything all the way down to the bash prompt which is rare. I also really like the MX Package Installer. Makes it really easy to manage backports and just install things in general.

Also, I really like how all of your tools show the terminal output. That makes it really easy to debug when something goes wrong. The only issue I had at all during the install was with the Nvidia driver. It wouldn't install because of a conflict I had in backports. But since it showed me exactly what it was trying to do and what the problem was, I had it fixed in no time.

Not to mention that the people in the forum here seem very nice. This is my first post but I've been lurking for a couple of months now. :)

MX is rock solid, ultra fast, and everything just works! Really nicely done and well thought out.

Thanks!

Gordon Cooper

Re: Nice job!

#2 Post by Gordon Cooper »

HI rootetsy. Welcome to MX. Glad you enjoy it. I do too.

Gordon.
Backup: Dell9010, MX-19_B2, Win7, 120 SSD, WD 232GIB HD, 4GB RAM
Primary :Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
MX-18.2 64bit. Also MX17, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.

uncle mark

#3 Post by uncle mark »

rootetsy wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:09 pmNot to mention that the people in the forum here seem very nice. This is my first post but I've been lurking for a couple of months now. :)
It used to be a lot less nice, but I don't post nearly as much as I used to.
Custom build Asus/AMD/nVidia circa 2011 -- MX 19.2 KDE
Acer Aspire 5250 -- MX 21 KDE
Toshiba Satellite C55 -- MX 18.3 Xfce
Assorted Junk -- assorted Linuxes

Mauser

#4 Post by Mauser »

rootetsy
Welcome to the forum and MX Linux. MX Linux is nice and the forum is nice because of the forum rules and the moderators are very efficient keeping the forum nice. I know from personal experience since I have been guilty in the past. :hitmyhead: They do run this forum right. :happy: Enjoy.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

seb275

#5 Post by seb275 »

Hello,

I am a Mint user for quiet a while (and no complain about it). Though I like to look what others do around and I have found Mepis/Antix/Mx project to be very appealing (especially MX as an XFCE fan). Since Mint 19 final was not out when I received my new Laptop I decided to I take the opportunity to give MX a try in the meanwhile. Well, even though Mint 19 is out now I think I will keep MX on my laptop for the next 5 years. MX provides a awesome environment on Debian stable with all the goodies you may need to customize you favorite DE to your hand. Adopted.

Artim

#6 Post by Artim »

The MX tools are really nice! It makes it easy for newbies without "babysitting" us to where we can just irresponsibly tinker with stuff. But even then, making a snapshot before I start tinkering is nice failsafe. And being Debian Stable, I really don't have to be too scared of updates breaking stuff.

Leo

#7 Post by Leo »

It used to be a lot less nice, but I don't post nearly as much as I used to.
That's true... (chortle)
:lion:
There are exceptions to every rule...
and I know I'm mighty exceptional... :lion2:
:linuxlove:
Linux user #415188

Dell Inspiron 3541, AMD A6-6310 quad-core, Radeon R4 graphics, 8GB RAM, MX-19.4, Phillips 32" HDTV monitor

seb275

#8 Post by seb275 »

After 4 months using MX17 in a daily basis I am still pretty happy with it. Since I dropped compiz my DE is now very stable. I still miss a little the workspace compiz expo option but I prefer by far the system it is now than the one it was before when compiz was enabled.

Return to “Testimonials”