Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

MX 17. Openbox, Tint2, Worker, Vivaldi, PIA-VPN GUI - :D

Here you can post a testimonial about why you like or love MX. Include as much detail and info as you wish.
Stevo
Developer

Re: MX 17. Openbox, Tint2, Worker, Vivaldi, PIA-VPN GUI - :D

#21 Post by Stevo »

malspa wrote:
Stevo wrote:Just my opinion, but I also think that Bunsen Labs missed an opportunity by not basing their still unreleased Stretch-based version on antiX/MX. They still could do it, probably, but that train is pulling out of the station.
Not me; I'd prefer that BL remain based only on Debian Stable.
But wouldn't it nice if they could use an adapted MX snapshot tool or our Nvidia-installer? I'm not saying they have to include any of the non-free firmware or drivers that we do.

gringo

#22 Post by gringo »

Stevo - fully agree with you about Bunsen Labs.The guys there have done a fantastic job since Crunchbangs demise,but it would make sense for them to use Antix as the base to build an openbox version on.Would save them a lot of time and hassle.

malspa

#23 Post by malspa »

It's just my own personal preference, but... I've got both BunsenLabs and SalentOS installed here, the main attraction for me being that they're directly based on Stable and they ship with Openbox all set up. But, whatever, I've also got a Stretch installation with Openbox (and Fluxbox) (no full DE), not as quick and easy to install as BL or SalentOS, but it ain't rocket science, and it turned out quite nicely. Myself, I would not be interested in a MX/antiX-based BL, although I'm sure it could turn out well.

bffarmer

#24 Post by bffarmer »

I love your tint2 config! Though I prefer a much simpler conky. I just took the default Antix/MX conky and stripped out the graphs and other stuff I didnt need including clock and set the update to 10 seconds.
I'm moving from bunsenlabs to Antix and will install openbox and tint2 so your post was useful.

handy

#25 Post by handy »

@bffarmer, Thanks. :)

I don't use any conky at all on my main machine - except for the external IP: one that sits over the title bar of everything (except video players).

Enjoy your stay. I've been here longer than I thought I would be. As MX & Antix both cope with my major customisations without becoming unreliable.

If I went anywhere from here it would most likely be Slackware.
1_MSI: MAG B560 TORP', i5, RAM 16GB, GTX 1070 Ti 12GB, M2 238GB + USB, MX-23 Fb to Openbox
2_Lenovo: Ideapad 520S, i5, RAM 8GB, GPU i620, HDD 1TB, MX-21 - Openbox
3_Clevo: P150SM-A, i7, RAM 16GB, nVidia 8600, 2x 1TB HDD & M.2 256 GB, MX-21 - Openbox

Artim

#26 Post by Artim »

Kinda like Bunsen Labs only systemd-free! Big huge bonus!

Return to “Testimonials”