Welcome!

Please read this important information about MX sources lists.
News
  • MX Linux on social media: here
  • Mepis support still here
Current releases
  • MX-16.1 release info here
  • antiX-17-b1-full release info here
  • antiX-16.2 release info here
New users
  • Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
  • Read Forum Rules

I just got this message from a long time Debian user

Here you can post a testimonial about why you like or love MEPIS. Include as much detail and info as you wish.
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I just got this message from a long time Debian user

#1 Postby Stevo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:00 pm

dasein wrote:
Ok, so I've spent a lot of time lately looking for my next distro-to-call-home. And since I know you're actively involved with MX, I thought you'd be pleased to know that unless something truly amazing happens to change my mind, MX will become my new home.

There are a few "rough edges" in MX, but for my money, there's no better choice for folks feeling Debian due to systemd.

Great job by everyone involved. Please feel free to share my praise with the rest of the MX team.

Dasein is well known on forums.debian.net, even being a moderator at one time. He suffers no nonsense from those asking for help, especially those that obscure the truth. An example is the usual "I searched Google for hours and found nothing about my problem", when actually any search brings bazillions of results, with the germane one being at the top.

This is like wowing the most persnickety restaurant reviewer!

An example thread, lots of amusement and tragically broken systems here: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?&t=114130

Jerry3904
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: I just got this message from a long time Debian user

#2 Postby Jerry3904 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:16 pm

Nice: he would be very welcome.
Production: 4.7.0-0.bpo.1-amd64, MX-15 RC1, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 8 GB, Kingston SSD 120 GB and WesternDigital 1TB
Testing: AAO 722: 3.16-0-4-686-pae. MX-15, AMD C-60 APU, 4 GB

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#3 Postby Stevo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:31 pm

I just got another PM saying that he is rather burned out on forums at the moment, and don't look for him here. He just wanted us to know how much he appreciates our efforts.

skidoo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#4 Postby skidoo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:00 pm

I sent ya a PM, stevo

dirkme
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

#5 Postby dirkme » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:34 pm

Those who google and don't find anything are sometimes just not asking the right questions or using the right syntax.

Anyway, good to have him on board ;-)

malspa
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

#6 Postby malspa » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:55 am

Stevo wrote:I just got another PM saying that he is rather burned out on forums at the moment, and don't look for him here.

This doesn't surprise me. I get burned out from Linux forums, too. Frankly, sometimes I don't know what's worse -- the users who don't search well enough or read documentation before posting their questions, or the people who constantly complain about (and ridicule) those users. Whenever either of those types become too irritating, I figure it's time for me to step away from the computer and forget about the forums for awhile. Life's too short.

sunrat
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

#7 Postby sunrat » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:17 am

Debian User Forums are enough to try the patience of a saint at times. Many users just won't help themselves or don't supply info needed to solve their problems. I like how dasein deals with them at times, curt and to the point.
You almost deserve saint status over there Stevo, I don't know how you manage to stay polite sometimes.
I'm enjoying Plasma5 on siduction currently but will be back to MX as soon as I can reliably get Plasma5 happening on it. I don't care about systemd or not, works for me now.
Currently toying with the idea of trying to install Plasma5 on Antix or MX-17 beta. Expecting dragons though. :D

Curmudgeon
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

#8 Postby Curmudgeon » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:54 am

Stevo wrote:This is like wowing the most persnickety restaurant reviewer!

Persnickety? I resemble that remark! :wink:
Get off my lawn

Return to “Testimonials”