Thank you MX team

Here you can post a testimonial about why you like or love MX. Include as much detail and info as you wish.
seretse

Thank you MX team

#1 Post by seretse »

Just waiting for a download to finish so I thought I'd stop by the forum and leave a mark: I started dual-booting ubuntu back in 2014 but only made the switch to linux as a full time OS at the tail end of last year. At the same time, I rented a VPS and decided to set it up as a Debian/iredmail project, in the optimistic hope that I could launch a business. Well, the business launch is turning out to be a bit of a damp squib, but the server is powering on regardless...

So when ubuntu started flaking out on me, I knew I wanted to upgrade to full-bore Debian, and I started out spinning up stretch in a VM. I was impressed, and I was planning to pull the trigger, but I thought it would be a good idea to try out some other distros at the same time, just to say that I did. Gecko SuSe got a 10 minute appraisal. KDE Neon actually got installed to bare metal before being purged a day later after I realised my mistake :)

MX-16 was the answer, the only answer it turns out. Why? Because it achieved something not even ol' 15gb driver-laden Windows could manage: a working Sierra MC7700 mobile broadband card that I installed a year ago and never managed to get working on any OS come hell or high water. So you can imagine how pleased I was to finally find some software that could power this thing! Thank you so much Mepis/antiX Linux crew, you've got my hearty recommendation, and keep up the great work!

dolphin_oracle
Developer

Re: Thank you MX team

#2 Post by dolphin_oracle »

Thanks, and your welcome :happy:
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

Adrian
Developer

#3 Post by Adrian »

You are welcome and welcome to the forum. Don't hesitate to hang out and ask questions, the forum is probably one of the best feature of our distro.

whell

#4 Post by whell »

Adrian wrote:You are welcome and welcome to the forum. Don't hesitate to hang out and ask questions, the forum is probably one of the best feature of our distro.
+1 for hitting the nail on the head.

Gordon Cooper

#5 Post by Gordon Cooper »

Adrian wrote:You are welcome and welcome to the forum. Don't hesitate to hang out and ask questions, the forum is probably one of the best feature of our distro.
Have to disagree slightly Adrian. It is the people that monitor the forum and answer all of the questions, that are better.

Many thanks for all that you do for the rest of us.
Backup: Dell9010, MX-19_B2, Win7, 120 SSD, WD 232GIB HD, 4GB RAM
Primary :Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
MX-18.2 64bit. Also MX17, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.

linexer2016

#6 Post by linexer2016 »

seretse, your comments find resonance I am certain with members of this forum and are echoed regularly enough such that MX is fairly viewed as nothing short of a standout distro.

BillJay

#7 Post by BillJay »

Having just activated my forum membership I think this is where I ought to start, with a thank you to the Mepis/antiX veterans who have made this Debian-based variant perhaps the very best. It is smartly done and it brings its own identity to the Linux party. Some years ago when I got into Linux I encountered Brian Masinick who encouraged me to get into Debian and then antiX and Mepis. Solid choices to be sure and to this day no one, in my opinion, has done KDE so well as WW did it. Debian stable has always been on my HD while other distros came and went. Go down the top ten on Distrowatch and I have used it. They all work and they work well.

MX-17 is now the only other system on my machine other than Debian Stable. Windows is gone on my machines because I do not need it. I anticipate MX being my "daily driver". Non-technical though I may be if there is something I can do to help I certainly will do it. My thanks to all the people who have produced such a polished OS. :number1:

Jerry3904
Administrator

#8 Post by Jerry3904 »

Welcome, BillJay! We look forward to your participation here.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

uncle mark

#9 Post by uncle mark »

BillJay wrote:...and to this day no one, in my opinion, has done KDE so well as WW did it.
Boy, ain't that the truth. Preach it, Brother.
Custom build Asus/AMD/nVidia circa 2011 -- MX 19.2 KDE
Acer Aspire 5250 -- MX 21 KDE
Toshiba Satellite C55 -- MX 18.3 Xfce
Assorted Junk -- assorted Linuxes

sunrat

#10 Post by sunrat »

uncle mark wrote:
BillJay wrote:...and to this day no one, in my opinion, has done KDE so well as WW did it.
Boy, ain't that the truth. Preach it, Brother.
Took me a minute to twig that WW means Mepis and yes, it was a great implementation at the time.
I reckon siduction's KDE is nice currently but that's partly due to the KDE developers. Plasma 5.10 is noticeably better than the 5.8 used in Stretch. KDE4 wasn't really good until the 4.10 version either.

Return to “Testimonials”