Welcome!

Please read this important information about MX sources lists.
News
  • MX Linux on social media: here
  • Mepis support still here
Current releases
  • MX-17 Final release info here
  • MX-16.1 release info here
  • antiX-17 release info here
    New users
    • Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
    • Read Forum Rules

The reason I use MX

Here you can post a testimonial about why you like or love MEPIS. Include as much detail and info as you wish.
Gordon Cooper
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

Re: The reason I use MX

#11 Postby Gordon Cooper » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:28 pm

And in the longer term, Richard may appreciate help with translating the User Manual.
Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
Primary OS : MX-16 64bit. Also MX15, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.
Toshiba Portege Tablet MX16, WinXP.

linexer2016
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#12 Postby linexer2016 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:01 am

Great to see my sentiments echoed by others (and why should they not be given the excellent distro that MX is).
Azrielle said it's a Windows replacement and surely Azrielle it is! Yes, there are bound to be some legacy programs/apps that one still requires under that OS but with Dual Booting and Vbox and Wine accommodation, this is hardly a problem.
Dolphin, my words you said were kind but only as kind as the distro you and others have so generously made possible for the community.
Entropyfoe, your summary says it all and the community here is like I called the distro itself, "par excellence".

linuxforme
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

#13 Postby linuxforme » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:47 pm

@ Adrian, thanks for the info and your reply, will check your links out...

sdgalbo
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

#14 Postby sdgalbo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:38 pm

Hi All,
Just installed MX-16 this afternoon and I couldn't be more delighted! I've been a user of linux since probably the early 2000's and have used a few of the distros in the top 10 on distrowatch (and still dual boot with Mint), but I've never had an easier time installing an operating system, the pertinent software, or tweaking all my hardware together to make the system like I want it. MX just works! Though I've USED linux for awhile, I still consider myself a noob. And this OS was such a pleasure to install and set up. Love it. It's fast on my aged Dell and it runs really efficiently compared to several other XFCE DEs I've used before. It's light, fast, and a pleasure to use. Thanks so much to the team who put it together. You did a fantastic job!

linexer2016
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#15 Postby linexer2016 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:41 am

Hello sdgalbo,
I see this is your first post and welcome to the forum. Your thoughts must be surely like so many others who have tried this great distro.
I doubt that there is any OS (Linux or otherwise) that as you say, one could never have an easier time installing. And yes, MX just works!

Richard

#16 Postby Richard » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:37 am

Gordon Cooper wrote:And in the longer term, Richard may appreciate help with translating the User Manual.
Hi, LinuxForMe. There's always something to do. Just let us know when you have some time available. I'm not a native speaker so proofing is always appreciated.
MX16 p1-x64: desktop, 4 GB RAM, 4.7.0-0.bpo.1-amd64
MX160-386: netbook, 1 GB RAM, w/3.16.0-4-686-pae.
DoubleCmd-9, LibO-5.4.3.2, Dropbox, Slimjet, Lazarus, CherryTree, Vbox

linuxforme
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

#17 Postby linuxforme » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:18 pm

@ Richard,

thanks Richard. I will let the group know when I can. Thanks for the invite. :happy:

Return to “Testimonials”