Welcome!

Please read this important information about Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities.
Please read this important information about MX sources lists.
News
  • MX Linux on social media: here
  • Mepis support still here
Current releases
  • MX-17 Final release info here
  • MX-16.1 release info here
  • antiX-17 release info here
    New users
    • Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
    • Read Forum Rules

another good one on the antiX forum about 14.4

Here you can post a testimonial about why you like or love MEPIS. Include as much detail and info as you wish.
Jerry3904
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

another good one on the antiX forum about 14.4

#1 Postby Jerry3904 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:22 pm

This guy gets it:
I have two friends who have been life long Windows users. They are fed up with it and would like to venture into the world of Linux. I'm looking for a distro that is easy and straight forward to use. I feel hat the xfce environment is the way to go for them. At the moment I am trying Mint 17.1 XFCE edition. Very nice and clean distro.

But!! Just a few minutes ago I installed the new MX-14.4. So far, I am AMAZED at the amount of work that went into creating this beautiful distro. A huge thank you to all involved!!

I love the way I can quickly move around as well as setup Samba shares using the excellent system-config-samba app supplied with MX. The MX-Tools are awesome as well. Just wanted to let you know that you are doing a great job with this distro and I think I will be able to recommend it to my friends. We'll see.
Last edited by Jerry3904 on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: wrong forum...
Production: 4.13.0-1-amd64, MX-17, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 8 GB, Kingston SSD 120 GB and WesternDigital 1TB
Testing: AAO 722: 4.13.0-1-386. MX-17, AMD C-60 APU, 4 GB

Return to “Testimonials”