News
-- Introducing our new Website
-- MX Linux on social media: here

Current releases
-- MX-18.3 Point Release release info here
-- Migration Information to MX-18 here
-- antiX-17.4.1 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Still Loving MX-14.3

Here you can post a testimonial about why you like or love MX. Include as much detail and info as you wish.
CJW293
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

Still Loving MX-14.3

Post by CJW293 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:10 pm

After just six weeks MX-14.3 has become my primary OS, I now quad boot with MX-14.3, Mint 17 Cinnamon 64 Bit, Mint 13 Cinnamon 64 Bit and Windows XP. ( Because I still like Mint 13 and I have not yet committed to transferring everything over to Mint 17).
I have not begun to recommend MX-14.3 to my customers as yet because for me it is still in the testing stages. I currently have my MX-14.3 OS about 95% setup, that is to say I have given it access to all of my music, movies, pictures and general data, installed cairo-dock, gkrellm, banshee, k3b, deluge, some Linux games I like and removed a few apps that I will never use.
So far MX-14.3 has "proven" it's self a very fast, very stable and very reliable OS, that is why it has been added to my permanent collection of operating systems, it is also why it has not only been added to my multiboot system, but why it has become my primary OS
I just cat get enough of MX-14.3. Now I must be honest here, I have not, as yet, tried any of MX-14.3's predecessors, although as time permits I shall do so, so as to get a perspective as to where my beloved MX-14.3 came from.
As I have stated on many occasions, my three biggest passions in life are first and foremost to help others, to travel - wander, and computers - cb radios - electronics, and as such I am forever looking for ways to help people with very old computers, you know those late 98 early XP systems. I have several distros that will bring new life to these systems but none of them have shown as much promise as MX-14.3 has.
OK, enough rambling for now. Thanks again to everyone involved in creating MX-14.3 and to the entire Antix - Mepis community.
My current system is an HP Pavilion dv7-1245dx with an AMD turion2.1Ghz dual core, 4Gb memory, ATI Radeon 3200 HD graphics along with a 500Gb hard drive that contains three of my operating systems and a 750Gb hard drive that contains 1 OS and all of my general data.

Jerry3904
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Still Loving MX-14.3

Post by Jerry3904 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:25 pm

Thanks for the good words, we all appreciate it.

BTW: I moved this to the Testimonials forum.
Production: 4.15.0-1-amd64, MX-17.1, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 8 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Testing: AAO 722: 4.15.0-1-386. MX-17.1, AMD C-60 APU, 4 GB
Personal: XPS 13, 4.18.0-19.3-liquorix, 4 GB

Return to “Testimonials”