My laptop - revitalized

Here you can post a testimonial about why you like or love MX. Include as much detail and info as you wish.
deepson

My laptop - revitalized

#1 Post by deepson »

Hi!
I'm not that new to the MX Linux, but I am new to the MX forum.
"Install Linux/Ubuntu" is one of the most recommended ideas when you google: What to do with an old laptop?
And Ubuntu is what I did a little more than 2 years ago. Later it was Linux Mint, then Xubuntu, Lubuntu, Ubuntu MATE, LMDE 4, ZORIN, Kubuntu, Manjaro ... so on and so forth ...
A year ago I came across MX - It made an amazing first impression. Not just that. It was also an OS that helped me get through on-line teaching (me being a teacher and having to give out lessons on-line). Run by Intel Celeron 1005 and 4 GB of RAM with MX from HDD - I did it! The only thing I really wasn't able to do was streaming my android-tablet screen (scrcpy) through video-conferencing - CPU heated immediately and performance dropped instantly.
My distro hopping era wasn't over yet though. I kept trying out new things and also re-tried some of the previous ones. Finally, I decided MX is the way to go in the future.
I am only at the beginning of discovering all the other great features of MX and it's sister antiX (installed on an old netbook). Can't wait to take full advantage of them!

Congratulations on this amazing distribution and keep up your work (antiX and MX)

SwampRabbit

Re: My laptop - revitalized

#2 Post by SwampRabbit »

Thanks for sharing!
NEW USERS START HERE FAQS, MX Manual, and How to Break Your System - Don't use Ubuntu PPAs! Always post your Quick System Info (QSI) when asking for help.

Return to “Testimonials”