-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Installing pipelight on MEPIS 11 (to get Windows Flash 13)

Here people can ask questions concerning how to install or configure games. Anything related to games in MEPIS or linux can be asked here. Also tutorials about this can be posted here.
lucky9
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Installing pipelight on MEPIS 11 (to get Windows Flash 1

#61 Post by lucky9 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:12 pm

You can also do it manually. See here: http://www.mepis.org/docs/en/index.php? ... able_error
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#62 Post by Stevo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:30 pm

At the time I was switching away from ia32-libs, I did check Jessie to see if they had those dependencies available, but it seems that they have been removed since then. This was at least six months ago, so it's not surprising.

One solution would be to rebuild the wine source packages against the newer library versions, first changing them where they are specified in debian/control and down near the end of debian/rules. It's a bit tedious, but it's what would have to be done.

Silent Observer
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#63 Post by Silent Observer » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:49 am

kmathern wrote:I'm not sure why checkaptgpg isn't loading the gpg key for the Mepis 12 CRs, it does for me.
(maybe I need to make some changes to checkaptgpg for Jessie)

<snip>

edit: even if you get the gpg key situation fixed for the mepis12cr repos, you probably aren't going to be able to use it's pipelight & wine packages in Jessie (reread my edit #2 in this post http://forum.mepiscommunity.org/viewtop ... 73#p342373)
Okay, I got the keys imported for duinsoft and the mepis12cr repos. I can get the most updated version of wine from wine-hq.org (I think they have it as a .deb; if not, I may or may not manage to get it installed). Once I have that, in theory, I should be able to use the jessie instructions at the pipelight home pages -- or it might be simpler to use freshplayer (a Flash-specific wrapper project), except that's apparently still in an alpha stage and "not ready for prime time" due to significant issues with pulse audio. Now, off to install inxi...
Stevo wrote:One solution would be to rebuild the wine source packages against the newer library versions, first changing them where they are specified in debian/control and down near the end of debian/rules. It's a bit tedious, but it's what would have to be done.
That's completely out of my league...

Edit: :bawling: Okay, winehq.org has the 1.7.19 (development version) as a .deb, but it's for Sid, not Jessie. So, might or might not (likely won't) work in Jessie.
Last edited by Silent Observer on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
MEPIS 11 64-bit, MSI P6NGM-L motherboard, Core 2 Quad 9400 2.67 GHz, 4 GiB PC2-5300 RAM, 1 GiB nVidia GT520 on PCI Express x16.

Silent Observer
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#64 Post by Silent Observer » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:59 am

kmathern wrote:antiX13.2 should have had inxi preinstalled, if not install the package I highlighted below. You can also use these instructions: http://www.mepis.org/docs/en/index.php?title=Inxi

$ apt-cache search inxi
inxi-gui-antix - Simple gui front end to inxi script for antiX.
smxi-inxi-antix - Installs smxi-stub and inxi script for antiX.

Code: Select all

apt-get install smxi-inxi-antix
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
smxi-inxi-antix is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 61 not upgraded.
But after that, it works... :confused:

Code: Select all

inxi -r
Repos:     Active apt sources in file: /etc/apt/sources.list
           deb http://duinsoft.nl/pkg/ debs all
           deb http://main.mepis-deb.org/mepiscr/repo/ mepis12cr main non-free
           deb http://main.mepis-deb.org/mepiscr/testrepo/ mepis12cr test
           Active apt sources in file: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/antix.list
           deb http://antix.daveserver.info/testing/ testing main
           Active apt sources in file: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian.list
           deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
           deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free
           Active apt sources in file: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list
           deb http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/ stable main
MEPIS 11 64-bit, MSI P6NGM-L motherboard, Core 2 Quad 9400 2.67 GHz, 4 GiB PC2-5300 RAM, 1 GiB nVidia GT520 on PCI Express x16.

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#65 Post by Stevo » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:54 pm

I'm pretty sure a standard Wine build won't work with Pipelight--but maybe that's just for Silverlight DRM. That requires I add libxattr-dev to the Wine build-depends, then run "autoreconf" (or add it to the build procedure in the rules file of the debianized package)

Actually, rebuilding a deb package from the sources is not difficult. You'd need to install fakeroot, devscripts, and build-essential. Then you'd need the wine_1.7.19.orig.tar.xz and the corresponding mcr120 debian.tar.gz files from here: http://main.mepis-deb.org/mepiscr/testr ... st/w/wine/

Extract both, and stick the /debian folder inside the new wine-1.7.19 folder. Enter the new wine folder, so that you can "see" the debian folder, open a terminal there, and run "debuild binary".

You'll get a message telling you which build-depends are not available. Install all you can manually with apt-get install. For ones that are now unavailable upstream, you'll have to find out what has replaced them, edit debian/control to change the missing build-deps to the newer versions. You should also check the depends of the wine package in the control file to make sure that they are available, and change that file as necessary. Also, debian/rules has some Depends for the 64-bit package near the end of the file that need to be checked.

After the correct build-depends are installed and the files corrected, run "debuild binary" again. This time it should build wine and wine-dev packages after some lengthy compiling. If it fails somewhere due to a bad build-depend, after correction, run the same command again, and it should start building at the point where it failed before.

Silent Observer
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#66 Post by Silent Observer » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:55 am

Stevo wrote:not difficult.
[Inigo Montoya voice]I don' thing that word means what you thing it means.[/Inigo Montoya voice]

For whatever it's worth, though, the new Wine 1.7.19 that's in the Mepis 11 repos will correctly install and run NuVera Online for the first time since their installer started failing on 1.7.7. Woohoo.

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#67 Post by Stevo » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:07 pm

Silent Observer wrote:
Stevo wrote:not difficult.
[Inigo Montoya voice]I don' thing that word means what you thing it means.[/Inigo Montoya voice]

For whatever it's worth, though, the new Wine 1.7.19 that's in the Mepis 11 repos will correctly install and run NuVera Online for the first time since their installer started failing on 1.7.7. Woohoo.

You may want to save that 1.7.19 deb file if it's still in /var/apt/cache then, because I'm finishing up the builds of 1.7.20. You never know what will happen with any of the applications. This one took an extra two weeks to release because the lead Wine guy took a vacation.
[Inigo Montoya voice]I don' thing that word means what you thing it means.[/Inigo Montoya voice].

Well, I've been building apps from the debianized sources for a while. To me, it's like building stuff with Legos, with Debian providing the plans and the blocks, and with me adding a few or moving them around...What you do with scripting is beyond me!

I guess I'll try another freshplayer package build and see it anything's improved. They have made a lot of commits to the source since the last build.

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#68 Post by Stevo » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:00 pm

Hmmm--the new freshplayerplugin can now play live streaming video, such as the Old Faithful Geyser cam, and video from mlb.com, which the previous build could not. The download speed at the public wifi where I'm at just south, so I will try games at pogo.com later.

Silent Observer
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#69 Post by Silent Observer » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:04 am

Stevo wrote:Hmmm--the new freshplayerplugin can now play live streaming video, such as the Old Faithful Geyser cam, and video from mlb.com, which the previous build could not. The download speed at the public wifi where I'm at just south, so I will try games at pogo.com later.
As I recall, there were issues with choppy sound, though that matters a lot less in games than in video. If it's otherwise reasonably functional (I don't have any oddball hardware in this machine), it may be time to try to get it into my antiX install. Um, that's going to involve building it, isn't it? Maybe I'll wait for a .deb package to appear... :p

Are you referring to the script I wrote a while back to kick a user off his computer at a preset "curfew" time? That was hardly any more complex than the DOS batch file alarm clock I wrote back in '89 or '90; it was a labor mainly because I kept having to research a new shell command for almost every logic operation.

Honestly, for immediate use, I'd be happy enough if I could just get Java to work correctly in Windows Firefox under Wine. I've got Windows Flash 14 running fine in that setup, and javatester.org reports the correct version after a recent update (7u60), but the Java games at Pogo don't finish loading, and other Java games have some unpleasant video issues (background image keeps temporarily covering the Java window, though that might well be a programming error in the Java game I'm trying to use to test).

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#70 Post by Stevo » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:45 am

The new build of freshplayerplugin still won't work with Flash games, or what appears to be the DRM live video from mlb.com. So the advance seems to be limited to now allowing live streaming video, such as from various webcams.

Return to “Gamers”