-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Steam 4 Linux in Mepis 12 -64 bit

Here people can ask questions concerning how to install or configure games. Anything related to games in MEPIS or linux can be asked here. Also tutorials about this can be posted here.
smilliken
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

Re: Steam 4 Linux in Mepis 12 -64 bit

#21 Post by smilliken » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:06 am

Valve's Gabe Newell and Linus Torvalds on Linux and gaming: http://t.co/rjmpXICIS6
There is no "Ctrl+Z" in life!
Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1 - MX-17
Acer 7551G MX-17 | Dell 1525, MX17 & Win 10
HP DV4-1118 Mx17 & Win 10
HP CP1215/Brother DCP-7065DN
Linux User# 4523410

JBoman
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

Re: Steam 4 Linux in Mepis 12 -64 bit

#22 Post by JBoman » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:35 pm

Hey SB another welcome from here also!. Interesting as I just read this yesterday > http://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-med ... foundation ...it looks like it's full steam ahead. On another note I'm curious if you ever had a chance to finish "the permissive lifestyle of Linux"?... I kept checking back for a couple of years but it appeared you were still in hibernation at the time and I finally quit checking. If it was never finished I do hope you will consider it again as it was the most clear and understandable explanations I have ever seen and when you stopped I felt like a paratrooper hanging stranded in a tree... I shouted and thrashed around a bit till I realized the bear had taken a long deserved rest. But seriously it was great work and much appreciated. Good to see you posting again!!! :needcoffee:
http://patentabsurdity.com/
AMD 64x2 2.6GHz 4GB ram MX-17.1 KDE regular updates
"beware a frequent flirt with potential disaster"

SilverBear
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

Re: Steam 4 Linux in Mepis 12 -64 bit --1406 update

#23 Post by SilverBear » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:04 pm

June 2014 update:
The BIG NEWS is that Firaxis/2K or whomever else might need to be credited, has come out with a LINUX version of Sid Meyer's Civilization V!!

I have got this working fine in Kubuntu 14.04.

The bad news is that in Mepis12 -- it is like I'm in a whole 'nother universe. The Steam4Linux interface is totally different, even after I submitted to downloading the update of the Steam Client from my initial October 30 install (as previously reported) to the May 29th version. I can't find how to launch anything. I don't understand that, at all.

I'm thinking that uninstalling STEAM and then reinstalling might be the next step.

We'll see how long that takes. The Bear's not dead yet. . . he's just movin' real slow. . .
"masai7" Intel i7 3770k; 16GB RAM; GeForce GTX-750

Return to “Gamers”