Tutorial(s): Thunar Custom Actions--- simplify what you do

Here is where you can post tips and tricks to share with other users of MX. Do not ask for help in this Forum.
Buck Fankers

Re: Thunar Custom Actions--- what do you use & like

#11 Post by Buck Fankers »

skidoo wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:20 pm In case someone reading this topic hasn't yet discovered the Thunar Custom Actions feature...
I have a question, do you happen to know, which file saves all these Thunar custom actions?

Edit: looks like it is this one: (will copy it to another computer to see if it is working)
/home/mx/.config/Thunar/uca.xml

skidoo

Re: Tutorial(s): Thunar Custom Actions--- simplify what you do

#12 Post by skidoo »

Yes, ~/.config/Thunar/uca.xml should work when copied to another computer, or to a different user's home.
Bear in mind that you may need to chown the ownership of the file in its new location, else user will be unable to edit it.

JmaCWQ

#13 Post by JmaCWQ »

Here's one I use regularly, Delete Immediately, deletes files/folders without the confirmation dialog appearing.

Be careful with it though, one miss click can cause an instant headache if all your unsaved work vanishes by mistake :sad:

Buck Fankers

#14 Post by Buck Fankers »

skidoo wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:44 am Yes, ~/.config/Thunar/uca.xml should work when copied to another computer, or to a different user's home.
Bear in mind that you may need to chown the ownership of the file in its new location, else user will be unable to edit it.
Thank you!

Buck Fankers

#15 Post by Buck Fankers »

JmaCWQ wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:57 am Here's one I use regularly, Delete Immediately, deletes files/folders without the confirmation dialog appearing.
Nice, will add it and attach big red 'stop' or similar icon just to be extra alerted ;-)

oops

#16 Post by oops »

manyroads wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:45 pm Since I have been putting a bunch of hours into creating/building my own Thunar Custom Actions, I thought I'd solicit comments from our Forums Community about what you have created/ use & like.

I posted a couple of my more recent creations here:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=48279

I have a few more that I'll add once, I document their creation, for any who may benefit from these.
Hi,
Nice tuto ...
But I hope than Thunar will have like Nautilus, Nemo, Caja, an option to use some Thunar bash scripts ... it' that why I actually prefer Nemo (that's easier to build some scripts).
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

Brigs

#17 Post by Brigs »

Wow... nice tutor Thunar action here. i'll give share of mine action

Slug Filename : Rename the currently selected files, making the filenames lower-case & replacing spaces with dashes

Code: Select all

for file in %N; do mv "$file" "$(echo "$file" | tr -s ' ' | tr ' A-Z' '-a-z' | tr -s '-' | tr -c '[:alnum:][:cntrl:].' '-')"; done
Clean Meta Exif from image, required libimage-exiftool-perl

xterm -e "exiftool -overwrite_original -all= %F; echo -n 'Press ENTER to continue...'; read"
Split .flac from .cue (u need only 1 .cue and 1 .flac with same name inside 1 directory), required cuetools

xterm -e "shnsplit -f %f -t "%%n-%%p-%%a-%%t" -o flac *.flac; echo -n 'Press ENTER to continue...'; read"
Convert Dir to .iso udf image. required genisoimage (udf is .iso formatting that allow filesize more than 2gb)

genisoimage -r -udf --allow-limited-size -o %f.iso %F | yad --progress --title="ISO Creation" --progress-text="Please wait ... File(s) being processed." --percentage=40 --auto-close --auto-kill
Extract mac dmg files to dir, sometimes i must working with mac .dmg compression image

xterm -e "7z x %f; echo -n 'Press ENTER to continue...'; read"
Convert Flac to Alac (.m4a), never loose flac compression, alac work flawlessly with itunes

xterm -e "ffmpeg -i %f -acodec alac %f.m4a; echo -n 'Press ENTER to continue...'; read"
MX18 - 4.19.0-16.1-liquorix
i7-2700K@4.3 - Z68V-Pro - RX-560 - 2x8GB D3 - 3x2TB

El-Capitan
i5-760@3.4 - P7P55D-E - XFX 6850B.E - 4x2GB D3 - 500GB

manyroads

#18 Post by manyroads »

oops wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:41 pm But I hope than Thunar will have like Nautilus, Nemo, Caja, an option to use some Thunar bash scripts ... it' that why I actually prefer Nemo (that's easier to build some scripts).
Many of those I mention are simply links to bash scripts...
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

manyroads

#19 Post by manyroads »

Brigs wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:11 am Wow... nice tutor Thunar action here. i'll give share of mine action

Slug Filename : Rename the currently selected files, making the filenames lower-case & replacing spaces with dashes

for file in %N; do mv "$file" "$(echo "$file" | tr -s ' ' | tr ' A-Z' '-a-z' | tr -s '-' | tr -c '[:alnum:][:cntrl:].' '-')"; done
I really like this one and made two out of it for my digital text libraries
Replace filename space with dash

for file in %N; do mv "$file" "$(echo "$file" | tr -s ' ' | tr -s '-' | tr -c '[:alnum:][:cntrl:].' '-')"; done 
Replace filename underscore with dash

for file in %N; do mv "$file" "$(echo "$file" | tr -s '_' | tr -s ' ' | tr -c '[:alnum:][:cntrl:].' '-')"; done
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

oops

#20 Post by oops »

manyroads wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:36 am
oops wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:41 pm But I hope than Thunar will have like Nautilus, Nemo, Caja, an option to use some Thunar bash scripts ... it' that why I actually prefer Nemo (that's easier to build some scripts).
Many of those I mention are simply links to bash scripts...
Good news for me, so I have to learn and retry Thunar.
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

Return to “Tips & Tricks by users”